Company: Volt Workforce Solutions
Posted on: March 28, 2020
Financial Controller in Greensboro, NC at VoltDate Posted:
- Employee Type: Contingent
- Location: Greensboro, NC
- Job Type: Accounting
- Duration: 48 weeks
- Date Posted: 3/23/2020
- Job ID: 224105
- Pay Rate $35.5/Hour
- Contact Name Volt Branch
- Phone 919/789-6953Job DescriptionWe are recruiting for a
Financial Controller to join our team in Greensboro, NC. Strong
Cost Accounting BackgroundAfter applying to this Job using the
Apply or Apply Now button, you can follow up on your application by
calling our Enterprise Delivery Center at ( 800.595.8658). Be sure
to note the Job ID number found on this page and reference it when
calling about the positionJOB SUMMARY:The Financial Controller will
partner with plant operations and be a critical leader in the
oversight and management of the daily finance responsibilities
associated with the Plant Operations. As a Business Partner, they
will proactively identify improvements, work to develop the
financial acumen of site leadership, and determine and implement
short and long-term strategies concerning efficiencies and
profitability. This individual will administer policies and
procedures to ensure financial controls are maintained and within
compliance.DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
- Lead and develop the financial acumen of the leadership team
within the plant location.
- Develop, interpret, and report financial information for the
plant in a timely manner to the Operations leadership team,
corporate finance, and plant management in compliance with
specified requirements. Month End Close need to be hands on able to
communicate monthly results
- Serve as a key member of the local management team and partner
with them in making financially sound business decisions for profit
maximization or cost minimization.
- Maintain and develop key performance measures and tracking
systems for the plant to measure progress and identify focus areas
- Partner with site management team to develop cost reduction
strategies to meet short and long-term objectives of the business.
Profit Improvement project review
- Lead and develop process improvements to improve efficiency and
accuracy of the plant finance team as well as the overall
performance of the plant.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence to company policies and
internal controls at the plant and auditing their
- Ensure accuracy of the physical inventory, cycle counts and
- Ensure bill of materials, routings and costs reflect production
operations and are accurate and accounted for properly.
- Analyze labor costs, material costs, manufacturing overhead and
inventory levels. Standard Cost Accounting Plant absorption, PPV,&
production / scrap variances ability to understand and analyze
reports and variances
- Analyze and validate Capital Appropriation Requests (CARs) and
Profit Improvement Projects (PIPs).
- Assure adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Policies and
SOX 404 requirements. Resolve questions of requirements and
internal controls with corporate financial management.
- Assist in the completion of special projects.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant discipline
is required; MBA is preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience as a Controller,
Accounting Manager or similar financial leadership role.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office programs, with advanced
skills in Excel.
- High level of proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and ERP/MRP
- SAP experience is preferred . In process of moving from
repetitive to discrete manufacturing
- CMA and/or CPA preferred.
- The ideal candidate will take financial goals and break them
down for the organization at each level to track and monitor
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs, effectively
develop business cases, and influence at all levels within the
organization into action.
- Leadership skills to strategically and operationally develop
the team to meet corporate goals and objectives.
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability
accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and train in a simple, but
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to interface with a
wide variety of internal and external contacts; ability to work
well in team environment and lead by example.
- Must possess strong prioritization skills; flexibility and
ability to multi-task.
- Working knowledge of Lean and Lean principles would be
ideal.Volt is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Pay Rate is based on
experienceIn order to promote this harmony in the workplace and to
obey the laws related to employment, Volt maintains a strong
commitment to equal employment opportunity without unlawful regard
to race, color, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry,
religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed,
sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital or parental status, age, mental or physical
disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or
veteran status or any other category protected by applicable
Keywords: Volt Workforce Solutions, Greensboro , Financial Controller, Accounting, Auditing , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!