Sr. Procurement Agent Technology, Materials and Strategic Purchasing
Company: HAECO Americas
Posted on: June 14, 2019
JOB SUMMARY: The Procurement Agent- Technology, Materials &
Strategic purchasing is the Company expert in Procurement of new
Technologies, Materials and strategic procurement with respect to
make or buy, volumes and total landing cost. Serves as a consultant
to top management in significant matters relating to key Products,
assigned Programs and key supplier performance. Identifies industry
trends, capacity restraints and alternative resources. Serves as a
technical resource to both supply base and development. Provides
technical leadership for developing, implementing and auditing to
critical strategic supplier and commodity processes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. The role encompasses Supply Chain strategy and Standards as well
as Supplier selection
2. This individual will develop new suppliers in alignment with
internal, Customer, Boeing, Airbus and any regulatory body
3. This individual will be the focal point for managing all cost
and weight reduction activities including new materials and
4. Develop strong relationships with and actively engage senior
leaders within Supply Chain, Operations, Development, Engineering,
Quality, Finance and the Cabin Solutions Senior Leadership Team
5. Assess certain Development Program proposals and execution risk,
identify and resolve conflicts, and develop contingency and
mitigation plans to deliver program deliverables on schedule and
compliant with internal and Customer requirements. Facilitate
program communication, interaction and flow with all stakeholders
from a SC perspective
6. Confers with Integrated Programs Team to provide Supply Chain
technical advice and to solve problems
7. Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of procurement basics,
ethical business conduct, legal and contractual principles and
protection of HAECO, supplier and customer proprietary data by
complying with company policies, procedures and accepted business
8. Foster increased productivity and advancement opportunities by
personal commitment to professional development and by practicing
continuous improvement of processes
9. Responsible for coordinating with materials, operations,
engineering, finance, quality, and field operations to complete
projects and achieve expected benefits within project timeline
10. Will work with cross-functional teams to build and execute
project implementation plans for productivity and continuous
11. Responsible for coordinating with materials, operations,
engineering, finance, quality and field operations to achieve
project goals and expected benefits within project timeline
12. Will partner with teams to assist with projects charter,
benefits, and resource requirements; Will serve as an active
participant in business unit productivity gate reviews ensuring
required cross-functional resources are allocated to execute
projects as outlined
13. Responsible for monitoring active projects, updating status,
eliminating roadblocks, and escalating issues as appropriate
14. Will investigate, coordinate, and communicate project changes;
will create and make revisions to project schedules, business
cases, risk assessments and other project management tools; will
create and conduct presentations for project approvals and monthly
15. Will identify gaps to goals and collaboratively develop and
support countermeasures and activities to close the gap and exceed
16. Will coordinate continuous improvement and margin enhancement
initiative sessions and generate and evaluate new ideas and
opportunities aligned with Business Unit priorities and
1. Four year college degree or equivalent work experience in
Purchasing and/or fields in Supply Chain Management.
2. Five to Ten years procurement and Supply Chain Management or
equivalent experience leading to a solid understanding of the
organization s processes and product flow, the ability to interpret
engineering data where applicable and a demonstrated ability to
make quick and accurate decisions.
3. Proficient in MS Office software applications.
4. Good written and oral communication skills and the traits of an
effective leader in correspondence with Suppliers and Executive
5. Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
and accurately perform duties.
6. Must have independent problem solving skills and the discipline
to persevere until problems are solved.
7. Willingness to continue personal growth and development.
8. International and domestic travel required, up to 30%.
9. Must be able to read, write, and understand English.
HAECO Americas is PROUD TO BE AN EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability EMPLOYER
Keywords: HAECO Americas, Greensboro , Sr. Procurement Agent Technology, Materials and Strategic Purchasing, Sales , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!