Event Sales Manager
Company: Greensboro Country Club
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Position: Event Sales Manager*
Greensboro Country Club is a private club looking for a talented
and experienced Event Sales Manager to join our Food & Beverage
team. The person will be responsible for the planning, sales and
assistance in execution of all club sponsored and private events at
the club including weddings, bar and bat mitzvahs, banquets,
meetings, events, etc. The club has a strong team of leaders that
execute at an extremely high level and are constantly driven to
identify ways to improve the overall member experience.
About our Club
Greensboro Country Club was founded in 1909 and is unique among
private clubs in the Triad area by providing, in two magnificent
locations, both fine and casual dining, golf, tennis, fitness and
many of Greensboro's most interesting people. With annual revenues
in excess of $14.5 million, Both the Irving Park and The Farm Club
locations have their own very distinct charms. Greensboro Country
Club serves its member families providing them with a place of
leisure, lasting friendships, and unforgettable memories that will
last a lifetime. Our members enjoy two 18-hole golf courses, indoor
and outdoor tennis courts as well as paddle and pickle courts, a
state-of-the-art wellness & fitness facility, three swimming pools
and several dining locations. Whether our members are looking for
fine dining or a casual night out, our restaurants provide an
unforgettable dining experience.
We are currently completing a $19.1M renovation at our Irving Park
campus including our Dining, Aquatics, and Fitness venues to enable
us to grow with our members wants and needs. Upon completion, our
new facilities will include:
* Swimming pool, adults only pool & separate splash pad for
children --- State of the art wellness & fitness facility with all
new strength & cardio equipment, spin room, stretching facility.
--- Grab and go area with healthy snacks
* Acute knowledge of service techniques
* Self-motivated and self-managing, efficient in time management
* Creative and organized
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as Point
of Sale Systems (NorthStar)
The Event Sales Manager Position can have direct reports as follows
* Event Coordinator and/or Event Administrator
* Books, plans, and executes banquets, luncheons, meetings,
weddings, dances and other social events.
* Creates room diagrams and event order sheets for each
* Works with Executive Chef to determine selling prices, menus and
other details for catered events, oversees the development of
contracts, ensures that pre-planned banquet menu offerings are
current and reflect general member interests.
* Coordinates and creates yearly activities calendars with
* Visible for all holiday and club events including receiving and
greeting members and guests.
* Makes changes to function sheets and communicates to all parties
* Inspects finished arrangement; may be present to oversee the
actual greeting and serving of guests for private events.
* Diagrams room layout, banquet item placement and related function
* Manages non-member deposit, contracts, and income files.
* Creates monthly sales forecast and works with CFO to develop
annual sales budget.
* Creates monthly sales sheet for actual F&B sales.
* Provides P&L statements upon request for individual
* Maintains accurate records of all booked functions.
* Books all house entertainment and floral needs.
* Confirms all functions booked no later than 14 days prior to the
date of function.
* Follows up on all functions with correspondence.
* Handles billing of all member functions according to guarantee or
actual number if greater.
* Inspects banquet rooms to ensure proper maintenance of a clean
and orderly area.
* Assists with room decorations for special events and
* Present for weddings, large events and large member events.
* Performs other duties as requested by management.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of sales techniques, including closing skills and
- Knowledge of market trends and competition
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client
satisfaction for all events/groups
- Ability to read and interpret documents and to write routine
reports and correspondence
- Familiarity with audio visual, sales techniques, applicable fire
marshal regulations, beverage laws, ADA regulations, engineering,
space capacities, security procedures and equipment
This position will interact and partner closely with key team
members as follows:
* Executive Chef
* Clubhouse Manager
* Food and Beverage Management team
* Other department heads as needed for special events (Membership,
Youth, Aquatics, etc.)
* 3 to 5 years' experience in a hospitality/event environment.
* Proven sales results with an ability to up-sell and maximize
* Experience managing a departmental budget
* Excellent communication skills, detailed orientated
* Personable and outgoing
* Strong Food and Beverage knowledge
* Proficient in MS Word, Excel
* Event software knowledge
* Time management and organizational skills
* Ability to work weekends and/or nights, as needed or required
* Bachelor's degree preferred
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Able to move fast and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Must be able to sit and stand for periods of time.
* Must be able to stoop, kneel and crouch.
* Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
* Continuous repetitive motions.
- Commensurate with experience and training
- Clubhouse Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Referral program
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Evening shift
* Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
* Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Greensboro, NC 27408: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Greensboro Country Club, Greensboro , Event Sales Manager, Sales , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!