Construction Project Scheduler
Company: Samet Corporation
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Greensboro, NC Do you want to be part of a growing, well
established, family friendly company? Samet Corp, headquartered in
Greensboro, NC is looking for experienced, hardworking, dynamic
people to join our team in Greensboro, NC!!
Samet Corporation provides professional construction and management
services for projects in the Commercial/Industrial, Housing
(multi-family), Educational/Institutional, and Healthcare market
Our culture is built on teamwork and innovation. We encourage our
Associates to be empowered when making decisions, and they can be
confident that their voice will be heard.
Currently, Samet is seeking a Construction Project Planner /
Scheduler who is responsible for developing and maintaining master
schedules of corporate design and construction management program
with multiple, simultaneous projects.
Construction Scheduler Key Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain the software systems necessary to meet
the contract requirements for scheduling and planning.
- Maintain the process and procedures documents for Samet
Corporation's project planning and schedule development.
- Establish and maintain permissions and standard templates in
scheduling software platforms.
- Prior to project start, create a project in the appropriate
software platform for the project team to build a schedule.
- Ensure the project team has the appropriate training and
software to develop the schedule.
- Review the preliminary and initial schedules for compliance
with Samet requirements and contract requirements. Advise and
assist Operations if changes are needed.
- Ensure all schedules are properly cost and resource loaded,
when required by contract.
- Maintain baseline schedule for each project and identify and
record the impact of work performed and not performed as
- Archive schedules after projects are complete.
- Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to
discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Contribute to the development of working schedules for
estimating and business development, which sufficiently illustrate
the sequence of work activities and contract time.
- Serve as technical advisor for any schedule process or software
- Assist Project Managers or Superintendents in creating
short-term / interval schedules, monitor such schedules to
determine impact on master schedule, and help in formulating
actions to correct scheduling problems.
- Provide information as needed on the content, modification, or
presentation of project schedules.
- Identify scheduling software training needs among employees and
provide training on a recurring basis; remain current on the
advancements in scheduling software.
- Responsible for continuously expanding and updating
professional knowledge and honing training skills in order to
enhance individual and team innovation and productivity.
Construction Scheduler Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management or
other related field
- Minimum of 5 years of successful experience in construction
with a broad range of construction project types including
commercial, office/industrial, institutional, and multifamily/mixed
use; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of construction scheduling including
proficiency with Primavera P6 scheduling software, MS office/Office
365 applications and leading construction software.
- Strong working knowledge of construction/field service and
related work flow processes
- Skilled in scheduling principles and methods including: CPM
scheduling techniques; resource loading of schedules; resource
leveling; earned value; and contractor developed schedule review,
analysis and reporting
In business since 1961, Samet Corporation is a leader in
construction and real estate development services in the Triad
region of North Carolina. Based in Greensboro, NC with offices in
Charlotte, Raleigh, and Charleston, SC, Samet projects can be found
throughout NC, SC and VA. Samet offers a competitive salary and
excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salaries
- Tuition reimbursement
- Health & wellness challenges and incentives
- Generous paid time off and holidays
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) with company match
- Health (HSA & traditional), Dental, Vision, and Life
- Long and Short-Term Disability Insurance
Keywords: Samet Corporation, Greensboro , Construction Project Scheduler, Professions , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!