Electrical Design Engineer III
Company: HAECO Americas
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Overview JOB SUMMARY: Development of engineering design data within
budget in accordance with FAA, customer and "HAECO Americas"
standards of quality, while providing technical guidance to design
staff. Position focused on Electrical Engineering design data.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Provide technical support and guidance to engineering personnel
of various disciplines for engineering programs in which HAECO is
involved. Assist and guide Engineers in accomplishing designs.
- Develop well defined HAECO statements of work from limited
customer provided specification information and aircraft
- Research and review engineering data (drawings, reports,
manuals, etc.) defining aircraft structure or systems to determine
the most efficient method of modification or alteration.
- Develop and produce design data required for the proper
manufacture, assembly and installation of aircraft modifications
- Develop preliminary engineering analysis necessary to
substantiate aircraft modifications.
- Check the design data produced by less experienced Design
- Assist with development of less experienced Design Engineers by
acting as a mentor/resource.
- Coordinate Certification and Substantiation activities for the
Engineering UM's and ODA staff.
- Interface with other HAECO departments to ensure customer &
HAECO requirements are met.
- Interface with the Substantiation group and ODA representatives
to ensure that all designs meet the established FAA regulatory
- Convert limited modification specification information into
engineering design data for use in part manufacturing and
- Support various design review meetings with customers.
- Provide technical support to HAECO Manufacturing during the
manufacturing and installation phases of HAECO developed
- Provide support and supervision during installation of
modifications at remote locations.
- Conduct detailed audits and surveys on site at customer
facilities to develop aircraft design concepts and specifications
through the interpretation of preliminary specifications and
- Support other Engineering groups as workload requirements
- Provide input and suggestions for continuous improvement of
various department procedures, controls, flows and systems, and
become familiar with HAECO internal policies and procedures.
- Coordinate, in a professional manner, with customers, major
manufacturers, vendors, FAA, or other outside agencies to promote
and support HAECO technical & commercial interests. Qualifications
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or related scientific
field, or equivalent combination of experience and coursework.
- Six (6) years industry experience in engineering field,
preferably dealing in the electrical/avionic design of
modifications to transport category aircraft.
- Three (3) years experience utilizing AutoCAD or comparable
program with demonstrable proficiency.
- Must possess knowledge of FAA regulations, certification
processes and related requirements.
- Must possess comprehensive knowledge of standard aircraft
components, materials, fabrication practices, aviation hardware and
proper application in design.
- Must possess knowledge of engineering principles used in
Electrical Load Analysis, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis
reports and other analytical substantiation techniques.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of personal computer systems
with Microsoft Office.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the use and application of
aircraft technical data such as engineering drawings, MM's, SB's,
IPC's, WD's, etc.
- Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills, and
be able to read, write, speak and understand the English
- Must be able to work autonomously on complex design tasks.
PREFERRED: Master's Degree in Engineering
Keywords: HAECO Americas, Greensboro , Electrical Design Engineer III, Professions , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!