Facilities Technician (Contract)
Company: Honda North America
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Honda Aircraft Company Description General Summary:
Individual will work closely with the Facilities Supervisor to
support facilities systems, building maintenance, and
grounds/general areas maintenance activities. In addition, this
individual will support the activities of other teams within the
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Monitor contractor performance and work closely with outside
vendors to ensure work is complete according to specifications.
* Monitor and replace light bulbs and ballast in all assigned
facilities, as needed.
* Perform scheduled preventative maintenance task on facility
equipment and systems.
* Perform routine preventative and corrective maintenance of all
buildings, grounds, plumbing systems, and other facilities support
equipment (i.e. compressed air equipment)
* Oversee work activities scheduled with 3rd party suppliers to
ensure activities do not result in a business interruption.
* Overall responsibility for the maintenance and repair of building
system infrastructure, including upkeep of buildings, grounds,
equipment and electrical systems.
* Provide basic maintenance and repair of plumbing systems as
directed; this includes but not limited to repair of leaking
plumbing fixtures, unclogging drains, and if necessary full
replacement of plumbing fixtures.
* Respond to emergencies for resolving immediate safety
* Inspect completed work for defects and compliance with priority,
scheduling, and specifications/requirements.
* Respond to equipment breakdowns and emergencies during off-hours;
Facilities weekend On-Call.
* Assist in the development of short interval schedules in
coordination with planned work activities.
* Assist with inspections on life safety systems; this includes but
not limited to fire extinguishers, fire pumps, emergency lighting
and power generators, back-up power systems and elevators.
* Provide notification to Supervisor of corrective actions
* Performs other maintenance duties as assigned by the Facilities
* Complete/track work orders assigned by Supervisor(s);
* Adheres to safety policies, industrial practices. Performs other
duties assigned, including emergency call-in. Must be able to work
any shift that HACI management determines necessary to support
* Interface proficiently with Company's CMMS (Computerized
Maintenance Management System) or willingness to learn
* Oversee and perform quality checks for planned work in the
absence of supervisor.
* Perform systematic troubleshooting on AC circuits, motors, and
motor starters. Qualifications Education, Work Experience,
Certification and/or Licensure:
* High School Diploma or GED certificate with 5 years minimum of
progressive and practical experience in mechanical, electrical
systems and industrial building maintenance; 5 years of experience
in Industrial Facilities Maintenance is preferred.
* Intermediate knowledge of facilities maintenance and repair
* Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Office programs).
* Clean driving record and criminal background history.
* Intermediate knowledge and experience from a technical
institution is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Must possess the ability to troubleshoot equipment and system
breakdowns utilizing schematics, drawings and equipment
* Must be skilled in the use of electrical test equipment.
* Must possess the ability to read and interpret architectural
plans and details, electrical schematics, structural drawings and
* Must be able to effectively communicate (oral and written) with
all employees, contractors and vendors.
* Self-starter and team player.
* Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
* Ability to read and comprehend hydraulic/pneumatic
* Ability to prioritize and manage multi-functional tasks.
* Ability to work effectively under pressure, and against strict
* Ability to work overtime and holidays as needed.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Knowledge and ability to use typical hand tools, and other
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational
noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend,
climb ladders, move, reach, or
stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as
required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all
regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety
instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout
the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment
weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of
Company provided "reach assistance technology" or "movement assist
technology" (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics
reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities
required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. This
document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and
Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Exempt) 01/07/13
Keywords: Honda North America, Greensboro , Facilities Technician (Contract), Professions , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!