Company: PRESS GLASS
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Location: Ridgeway, VA -Type of position: full-timeEstimator -
Customer ServiceGENERAL DESCRIPTION OR SUMMARY:The Estimator
-evaluates specifications in order to prepare quotes for for a
broad range of commercial glass projects. This individual should be
good in mathematics and proficient in using computer applications
along with effective communication capabilities and strong
organizational skills.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews project documents/spec sheets and architectural and
- Estimates material required to complete the project.
- Confers with sales, scheduling and engineers team, customers
and vendors to resolve issues, determine lead time and/or project
- Calculates material costs based on analysis of project
specifications raw material yield.
- Prepares a complete and accurate cost estimate for the project
using FeneVision and MS Excel.
- Secures material price for projects with vendors and purchasing
- Consults with Quality and Technical Support Engineers to
determine production capabilities for the project.QUALIFICATIONS,
EDUCATIONAL SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Very good mathematical skills -to calculate price for glass
- Proficiency in MS Excel (creating formulas and analysis) -with
the ability to quickly learn new systems.
- Attention to detail with analytical and problem-solving
- Experience in estimating, project managing, customer service or
supply chain is a plus. -
- Very strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to conform to
shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
- Great team player. -
- High School Diploma required; additional education is a
plus.Join our team and move up within company!
- Group insurance -after 1 month from starting day. -
- Life insurance - covered by PRESS GLASS
- 401K Retirement Plan
- 8 Paid Holidays -
- Paid Time Off - -up to 80 hours within first year, after one
year additional 40 hours.
- Growth opportunity - -- start as a Estimator and move up within
- Great atmosphere -- we believe in teamwork and help each
- Advanced technology -- you will be trained on the new systems.
- -WE OFFER:
Equal Opportunity Employer
PRESS GLASS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
- I certify that the facts contained in this application are true
and complete to the best of my knowledge and understand that, if
employed, falsified statements on this application shall be grounds
- I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein
and the references and employers listed above to give you any and
all information concerning my previous employment and any pertinent
information they may have, personal or otherwise, and release the
company from all liability for any damage that may result from
utilization of such information.
- I also understand and agree that no representative of the
company has any authority to enter into any agreement for
employment for any specified period of time, or to make any
agreement contrary to the foregoing, unless it is in writing and
signed by an authorized company representative.
- This waiver does not permit the release or use of
disability-related or medical information in a manner prohibited by
the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other relevant
federal and state laws.
- I understand that a consumer credit report or criminal records
check may be necessary prior to my employment. If such reports are
required, I understand that, in compliance with federal law, the
company will provide me with a written notice regarding the use of
these reports and will also obtain a separate written authorization
from me to consent to these reports. I also understand that a poor
credit history or conviction will not automatically result in
disqualification from employment.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: PRESS GLASS, Greensboro , Estimator, Professions , Ridgeway, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...