CDL Class A / B - Driver / Operator
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Call Alton (855) 877-4847 to learn more about our
**Environmental Field Service Driver/Operators require a Class A or
Class B CDL. Tanker Endorsement is required to start. Hazmat
Endorsement will need to be obtained within the first 90 days of
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary purpose of the position is to ensure
that driving and operation of equipment is conducted in a safe and
compliant manner. The Driver/Operator is also responsible for
leading crews to ensure completions of customer projects.
Driver/Operators work with Field Technicians on clean ups, spills,
COVID and Hazmat Decon work and other duties delegated by
management that are within the scope of work.
- Operate various equipment with a GVW> 26,000 lbs. (including
but not limited to Roll off trucks, tractor/ trailers, Liquid Vacs,
Turbo Vacs, Sewer Cleaners, Box Trucks)
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by
complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and
always acting in a safe manner
- Ability to work a rotating shift, including days, nights,
weekends, and holidays. "On-Call" based on the rotating "On-Call"
schedule for Emergency Response. May require out of town travel.
Length of travel will be dependent on service center and on-going
- Ability to work under adverse conditions (heat & cold)
- Accountability and punctuality
- Physically able to wear personal protective equipment (PPE)
when necessary and lift > 50lbs routinely
- Maintain electronic vehicle logs (ELDs)
- DOT Pre-trip and Post-trip inspections
- Perform other, related duties as assigned by management
- CDL A or B with hazardous material and tanker endorsements
- Pass a Pre-Employment Physical, Drug Screen and Alcohol
- Pass a Pre-Employment Background Screening
- Pass the Company's Auto Insurance Qualifiers
- Pass the OSHA HAZWOPER 40-hour training
- Must be able to obtain Transportation Worker (TWIC) clearance.
This may not be applicable to all divisions. If required, must get
within first 45 days of employment
- Able to read, write, and understand the English language, and
able to follow verbal and written instructions
- High School Diploma or GED
- Class B CDL or higher with tanker endorsement
Please be aware:
Our Company has a 'CLEAN SHAVEN' Policy- (A smooth shave permits a
respirator mask to form a seal on your face.) This is a requirement
of all Field Service Team Members.
The schedule for our field service teams is unpredictable. Since we
are in the Emergency Response business, teams rotate on call times,
and sometimes require overnight- out of town stays. Please apply
only if your schedule has this necessary flexibility.
Please click APPLY BELOW and complete the short application that
follows. You are still welcome to call Alton with any questions at
Keywords: Republic Services, Greensboro , CDL Class A / B - Driver / Operator, Professions , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!