Business Analyst, Supply Chain
Company: Honda Aircraft Company
Posted on: November 26, 2022
The Business Analyst will be responsible for performing complex
financial and operational analysis to support the Supply Chain
organization in meeting strategic business objectives. Serve as
primary SIOP Analyst on the Supply Chain team supporting the
overall business initiatives. Primary duties will include data
collection, organization, and analysis to optimize the overall cost
of operation, business process efficiency, and assessment of
current and future products and services. Output will include
business cases, presentations, competitive assessments, and key
department metric analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Collaborates with business stakeholders to collect, organize,
and analyze data for the purpose of evaluating and improving the
financial health of the business.
2. Develops business models, action plans, and metrics that will
lead to high levels of process optimization & performance.
3. Develops cost modeling tools and capabilities to mature the cost
estimating skill set and support Target Cost initiatives
4. Gathers and assembles department reports and metrics. Keeps
reoccurring reports and dashboards updated frequently.
5. Develops material cost tables based on historical information
using parametric estimating methods and statistical analysis
6. Leading cross functional teams in the identification of cost
drivers and the development of parametric cost models
7. Provides detailed analysis of cost of operations, inventory
strategies, order fulfillment processes, and competitive analysis
information to stakeholders.
8. Identifies gaps in data output to provide feedback on system and
process improvement initiatives.
9. Support the Materials Planning team in various capacities such
as forecasting, inventory management, data analysis, report
development, and master data maintenance.
10. Manages the implementation of projects across the
11. Facilitates intra-divisional data reporting.
12. Assists team members on other activities as required.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. BS in Finance, Math or Engineering
2. Minimum of 5+ years of experience in a complex manufacturing
cost analysis function
3. Previous experience developing cost models, and working in a
target cost environment.
4. Previous experience with SIOP analysis and master plan
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Working knowledge and familiarity with cost modeling software
and be capable of recommending software solutions
2. Working knowledge and familiarity of aircraft design and
manufacturing methods is required
3. Thorough working knowledge of the impacts of cost drivers
4. Proficiency with one or more of the following software
programs/cost modeling software - SAP, Facton, SEER; Proficiency in
SEER is highly preferred.
5. Ability to read and interpret drawings
6. Ability to interface with subject matter experts to incorporate
key cost drivers into cost tables
7. Ability to provide insight into optimizing design for cost
8. Ability to perform statistical analysis to produce cost models,
and provide confidence bands for results
9. Ability to operate in a fast paced, product development
environment, and will be required to develop processes and
procedures to improve their work function
10. Strong analytical ability, attention to details and the ability
to communicate complex issues using simple, concise language are
critical to success in this role
1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational
noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend,
move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no
restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all
regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety
instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout
the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment
weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of
Company provided "reach assistance technology" or "movement assist
technology" (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics
reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities
required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. This
document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and
Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Exempt) 01/07/13
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee discount
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Greensboro, NC: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Honda Aircraft Company, Greensboro , Business Analyst, Supply Chain, Professions , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!