Medical Lab Technician - Chatham Hospital - Per Diem Weekend
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Siler City
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve. Medical Lab Tech
and Medical Technologist welcome to apply
Performs beginning level of patient testing and administrative
tasks in support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.Hours:
1. Instructs patients in preparing for tests that require fasting.
Answers patient questions regarding the tests.
2. Maintains equipment and investigates problems with
3. May assist in teaching Clinical Laboratory Science students and
Pathology residents and training of new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of laboratory section or work
5. May participate on teams or individually perform special
6. Performs a variety of routine and standardized tests using
standard techniques and equipment. Prepares specimens, resolves
specimen problems, and performs analytical tests. Labels and stores
7. Prepares reagents and assists in the preparation of standard and
control materials. Monitors levels of reagents and assists in
8. Records results of tests and maintains records. Provides test
results, reporting deviations from the norm to supervisor or
Other Information Other information:
Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science.
If Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of
Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
If Associate's degree in chemical or biological science, Medical
Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of Certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job Details Legal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Lab-Clinical Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00Work Schedule: RotatingLocation of
Job: US:NC:Siler CityExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Greensboro , Medical Lab Technician - Chatham Hospital - Per Diem Weekend, Professions , Siler City, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!