Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Location: Browns Summit
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Founded in 1912, Illinois Tool Works Inc. (NYSE: ITW) is a
diversified, Fortune 200 manufacturing company that delivers
specialized expertise, innovative thinking and value-added products
to meet critical customer needs in a variety of industries. Ranked
among Fortunes Magazines most admired companies, the company
focuses on solid growth, improving profitability and strong returns
across its worldwide platforms and divisions. These divisions serve
customers and markets around the globe, with a significant presence
in developed as well as emerging markets. ITWs revenues totaled
$14.1 billion in 2019.
ITW Medical is comprised of three highly-respected medical product
brands - Coeur, Filtertek & Precise Biomedical supplying medical
devices, components and service to global medical device brands.
Filtertek manufactures molded filtration and flow control
components. Precise provides technical service, maintenance &
training for contrast media injectors. Coeur is a leading provider
of disposable diagnostic imaging consumables.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, the Production Supervisor
is responsible for supervising and leading employees in a Medical
Device assembly environment, planning and assigning work,
implementing policies and procedures, and recommending improvement
in production methods, equipment operating procedures and working
Duties And Responsibiities
- Direct the work of the 2nd shift assembly team driving
efficiency improvements, safety engagement.
- Responsible for supervising set-up operations for assembly,
packaging and prep operations in compliance with approved
documentation and quality systems
- Monitor product performance during the production run; direct
production personnel and daily activities to achieve production
- Develop training gap program for Team Leaders and work with HR
and Operations Management to develop and implement plan
- Work closely with temporary placement agencies to ensure that
all training is completed and documented in a timely manner
- Initiate disciplinary actions when necessary. Document and
prepare performance evaluations
- Manage department labor to achieve budget goals through
recruitment, reduction, promotion, advancement, or any other status
pertinent to the operation
- Review and approve manufacturing records for accuracy and
completeness in accordance with procedures. Partner with peers to
identify and implement document improvements for improved metric
- Responsible for recognizing product and/or equipment problems
that arise during the manufacturing process
- Generate cost savings ideas and action plans related to
manufacturing operations in support of site cost savings
- Assembly basics, knowledge of products made in Washington,
equipment, and processes within the plant including FFS Operations,
Dayforce and LX-ERP system
- Automation system understanding, product flow, injection
molding processes and assembly
- Understating of CTQs; Critical to Quality functions in terms of
how product is made and should function in the field as well as how
quality is measured during the process
- Typically involved with the validation of new products,
processes or equipment
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature where
considerable judgment and initiative are required in resolving
problems and making recommendations
- Responsible for ensuring that the manufacturing area is
compliant with the requirements associated with EHS, HR,
Facilities, Housekeeping, etc.
- Bachelors Degree in Manufacturing Management, Business
Administration or related field preferred and 3-5 years related
work experience in a direct supervisory role in a high-volume
manufacturing environment required. (Experience with medical device
manufacturing strongly preferred) OR 7yrs+ of related work
experience in a direct supervisory role in a high-volume
manufacturing environment (experience in a medical device
manufacturing strongly preferred).
- Experience in Injection Molding and Automation processes are
critical to this role.
- Technical capabilities sufficient to be able to do some
production machine troubleshooting.
- Ability to train and coach others from a production
- Previous experience with direct supervision of people
- Effectively manages ones time and resources to ensure that work
is completed efficiently and to tight deadlines.
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others
assuming accountability and responsibility for successfully
completing assignments or tasks in a timely fashion.
- Takes prompt action to accomplish objectives and achieve goals
beyond what is required.
- Ability to co-ordinate and communicate production activities
between internal departments as well as external suppliers.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of production principles
and its application from a production perspective.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate, design, and manage all
facets of molding/automation production projects and
- Applies ITW principles and methodologies to all aspects of work
- Communicate effectively across all departments within the
- Mentors and coaches employees to succeed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This position requires some physical movement around the
machine areas. This position requires an operator to stand for 90%
of their work shift with two scheduled breaks and a 20 minute
- Some lifting of boxes or totes may be required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle,
or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently
required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crawl; and
talk or hear.
- The employee must frequently lift and move up to 10 pounds and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
ITW offers a competitive compensation and benefits package,
including competitively priced medical and dental coverage the
first of the month following hire, free life insurance, paid
vacation and holidays, and immediate 401k matching. Additional
retirement savings contribution (above and beyond 401k) is awarded
at no cost after one year.
ITW Medical is an equal opportunity, equal employment, affirmative
action employer. We strive to create a diverse and inclusive work
environment where everyone is welcome to contribute their unique
talents and ideas. We encourage applications from females, males,
disabled/protected or other veterans, persons with disabilities,
all races and ethnicities, sexual orientations and gender
identities. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable persons
with disabilities to apply and to perform the essential job
functions. If you require assistance with completing an
application, please reply that you require assistance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Itw, Greensboro , Production Supervisor (2nd Shift), Professions , Browns Summit, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!