TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE (FULL-TIME)
Company: SSC Services for Education
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Posted Date: Dec 2, 2021
We are hiring immediately for a MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
- Location: Greensboro College - 815 Market Street. Greensboro,
NC 27401 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full-Time: M-F, 8am to 4:30pm.
- Requirement: Previous experience with painting, plumbing and
ability to be on call preferred.
- Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text
messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number
935730.The advertised program is an AI recruiting assistant that
helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency
varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or
HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be
interested in joining our team.
SSC Services for Education is known for our expertise, commitment,
and value; and we at SSC truly believe that our people are our
greatest asset. By utilizing our associates' knowledge and
experience alongside SSC's extensive training, providing supportive
management, and offering unparalleled wage and benefit packages as
well as career advancement opportunities, we have developed a
workforce that differentiates us from our competitors.SSC Services
for Education is a Nationwide Best in Class Facility Service
Provider. As a member of Compass Group, North America, we want you
to be as great as you can be. We empower our associates to direct
their own future, keeping them confident that we support them every
step of the way. As a result, our associates embody greatness
through their actions, natural passion for quality, and a can-do
attitude. The opportunity for greatness is real at SSC and
throughout the Compass world.
Summary: Performs a variety of maintenance duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Maintains, repairs, cleans and operates the plant, shops,
mechanical areas, exterior grounds and campus facilities.
- Performs basic maintenance duties and repairs as assigned;
contacts supervisors, skilled trade vendors or on-call personnel as
- Updates work statuses, timing, and costs of repairs using a
variety of company tech systems.
- Provides fleet maintenance support including but not limited to
welding, plumbing, electrical, food truck kitchen maintenance,
driving of vehicles, on campus fleet troubleshooting support,
generator fixes, and general maintenance.
- Assists in making decisions on all minor and routine repairs;
reports major problems to the supervisor, foreman or
- Cleans sidewalks and parking areas; picks up and disposes of
trash, debris, branches and similar items.
- Operates electrical and gasoline-powered equipment.
- Maintains equipment; performs minor equipment repairs using
power and hand tools.
- Performs a variety of other unskilled or semi-skilled tasks
such as minor carpentry, plumbing, painting, minor electrical work,
lamp changing and drywall maintenance.
- Responds to emergency problems in the facility; performs
emergency repairs as needed.
- Maintains logs, performs rounds and completes maintenance work
orders, tests and inspections.
- Reads, comprehends and transmits complicated detailed
instructions verbally and in writing.
- Serves as a member of facility's emergency response team.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications May Include:
- One year of related experience as a maintenance
worker/technician in a similar-sized institution or in a grounds
- Valid driver's license.
- Some exposure to elevated degrees of high heat, noise, dust,
dirt and/or areas requiring infection control. Requires meeting
deadlines for completion of work on a daily basis. Must be able to
work all hours, including weekends and nights, as necessary, in
order to maintain facility at the appropriate and safe
level.Full-time associates at SSC are offered many fantastic
benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los
Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent
with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).Req ID:935730SSC
Keywords: SSC Services for Education, Greensboro , TECHNICIAN, MAINTENANCE (FULL-TIME), Professions , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!