Medical Lab Tech/Medical Technician - Laboratory - Rockingham
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: January 11, 2022
Description *** Medical Lab Techs or Medical Technicians may
apply ***Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000
diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and
well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Performs beginning level of patient testing and administrative
tasks in support of the clinical activities in the UNCHCS.Hours:
Monday-Thursday 10 hours shifts working every 3rd
1. Instructs patients in preparing for tests that require fasting.
Answers patient questions regarding the tests.
2. Maintains equipment and investigates problems with
3. May assist in teaching Clinical Laboratory Science students and
Pathology residents and training of new employees.
4. May monitor daily operation of laboratory section or work
5. May participate on teams or individually perform special
6. Performs a variety of routine and standardized tests using
standard techniques and equipment. Prepares specimens, resolves
specimen problems, and performs analytical tests. Labels and stores
7. Prepares reagents and assists in the preparation of standard and
control materials. Monitors levels of reagents and assists in
8. Records results of tests and maintains records. Provides test
results, reporting deviations from the norm to supervisor or
Other InformationOther information:
Associate's degree in ClinicalLaboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, Chemical Science, or Biological Science.
- If Medical Technician:Requires Bachelor's of Science degree.
Must meet eligibility requirements upon hire to sit for MT exam
within 12 months of hire.Licensure/Certification Requirements:
If Associate's degree in Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical
Laboratory Technician, then must be ASCP or AMT Board of
Certification eligible and must receive BOC within a year.
If Associate's degree in chemical or biological science, Medical
Laboratory Technician (ASCP) or MLT (AMT) Board of Certification
- If Medical Technician:Must become MLS/MT (ASCP), MT (NCA), or
MT (AMT) certified within 12 months of hire.Professional Experience
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Job DetailsLegal Employer:NCHEALTHEntity: UNC Rockingham Health
Organization Unit: RHC Lab\ClinicalWork Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:EdenExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Greensboro , Medical Lab Tech/Medical Technician - Laboratory - Rockingham, Professions , Eden, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!