Construction Inspector III
Company: KCI Technologies
Posted on: March 25, 2020
Join us as we Rise to the Challenge
KCI is searching for experienced, independent construction
inspectors for transportation projects near Hodgenville, KY,
Charlottesville, VA, Greensboro and Beafort, NC - At KCI, we re
building an enduring company that provides unparalleled value to
our employee-owners. We make our mark designing and delivering our
world-class solutions, so we invest deeply in developing our team.
We reward integrity and commitment, and when we do well, you do
well. Our people have freedom to innovate, unlimited growth, a
voice that matters, a lifestyle that works, and skin in the game.
Because life s more fun when you own it.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering,
consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the
United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing
cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic
growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial
spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OTHER
* One of the following certifications in the highway/bridge
* NICET Certificate Level III or higher, or equivalent state
* EIT Certificate
* Associate s Degree in Engineering Technology
* A minimum of 6 years of increasingly responsible construction
engineering experience, including at least 1 year serving as
Project or Resident Engineer or Assistant Project or Resident
Engineer on State or Federal highway or bridge construction
* This is a senior level position and requires a comprehensive
knowledge of highway construction methods, traffic control,
environmental compliance, surveying, equipment, trades, materials,
schedules, and practices. The Construction Inspector must be able
to interpret project plans, specifications, contracts, regulations,
schedules, submittals, and detailed cost estimates. This position
requires an extensive knowledge and experience in highway
construction inspection and monitoring. The Construction Inspector
must be able to monitor and evaluate the construction contractor s
quality control inspection and testing
* The Construction Inspector is expected to create and/or draft
contract documents and is required to have a proficient level of
writing and computer skills. This position requires good listening
and communication skills. The Construction Inspector must be able
to coordinate and schedule the efforts of
* The Construction Inspector must be proficient in the internet,
Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Primavera or other scheduling
software, and is required to have a proficient level of writing
skills. The Construction Inspector is expected to have good
listening and both, oral and written communication
Principal Duties and Responsibilities: The Construction Inspector
shall perform the following responsibilities:
* Performs inspections of traffic control, environmental controls,
layout, construction methods and materials, and all issues
concerning the construction of the project. Determines the
acceptability of the day-to-day work performed by the contractor.
When areas of non-conformance are identified the Construction
Inspector shall inform the construction contractor to take
appropriate action to correct these areas. Review and recommend
accepting or rejecting daily reports submitted by the
* Informs the PE of possible constructive changes, and recommends
technical solutions. Develops independent engineer s estimates when
requested. The Construction Inspector is not authorized to make or
approve changes to the contract.
* Performs inspection of the contractor s quality control
procedures and material testing. Verifies that procedures are in
conformance with the approved Quality Control Plan and established
procedures. Reviews material submittals and testing procedures and
results for conformance to the contract and updates the project
* Measures quantities of materials placed. Performs takeoffs to
determine conformance with required quantity amounts. May be
required to assist with the finalization of quantities for the
monthly progress estimate.
* Responsible for seeing that daily activities are documented and
project files are kept up-to-date, including the Material Register
and as-built drawings. The Construction Inspector may be required
to maintain the daily project diary, complete Inspector s Daily
Reports (IDR), and other forms as required.
* Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology or applicable
* 0 - 2 years of experience required.
* Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment.
Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon
* Accurately records and reports daily forms per project
* Communicates effectively with client, contractor, staff, and
* Proactively resolves problems at the lowest level
* Adheres to project scope, schedule, and budget
* Reviews all work for completeness and accuracy prior to
* Submits accurate time sheets, mileage and expense reports on time
* Reviews jobsite safety daily and takes immediate action to
document and resolve issues
* Understands OSHA Safety Standards and KCI corporate policies and
follows them at all times
* Maintains all required certifications and participates in
training courses as required
* Understands all applicable industry standards for project and
performs all tasks per standards and client requirements
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: KCI Technologies, Greensboro , Construction Inspector III, Professions , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!