Company: Lanxess Corporation
Posted on: February 11, 2019
Who we are:
LANXESS is a leading specialty chemicals company with sales of EUR 8.0 billion in 2014 and roughly 16,300 employees in 29 countries. The company is currently represented at 52 production sites worldwide. The core business of LANXESS is the development, manufacturing and marketing of plastics, rubber, intermediates and specialty chemicals. LANXESS is a member of the leading sustainability indices Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI World and DJSI Europe) and FTSE4Good.
What we can offer you:
LANXESS is a young company with strong roots! We derive our strength from global presence, management excellence and most importantly our people! Our employees are the pillars of our success.
We offer exciting career opportunities regionally as well as internationally, educational assistance programs, competitive pay and benefits, language training programs, and many other personal and professional development programs that are a part of our vision and values that drive our ongoing success.
In order to meet the responsibilities of this position, the incumbent:
* Oversees and participates in the operation of chemical production equipment and systems used in the processing of chemical substances, adhering to formulation specifications and operational safety standards.
* Cleans and maintains plant manufacturing areas and equipment regularly as required, promoting and ensuring environmental cleanliness and efficiency.
* Leads and participates in shift meetings and safety sessions as required, providing accurate reporting and confirmations for shift changes and completing job safety evaluations as requested.
* Participates in and completes operations audits and investigations as required.
* Receives and coordinates the completion of daily work assignments, documentation and checklists as required, adhering to process and industrial safety guidelines and requirements.
* Supervises and mentors manufacturing operations staff, administering performance improvement and disciplinary activities as appropriate.
* Reviews product specifications and formulations for proper safety equipment, tool usage and material specifications, utilizing specified checklists as indicated.
* Leads and coordinates process training and peer mentoring of other plant operators.
* Leads the quality review of equipment operation and production outcomes, troubleshooting manufacturing processes and results for potential errors or issues and reporting them as necessary.
* Participates in the completion of annual performance evaluations for polymer production staff.
* Obtains and uses the appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as instructed, maintaining the condition and storage of such equipment and ensuring personnel adhere to stated guidelines.
* Attends and participates in plant productivity, performance and quality meetings and reports as directed.
* Identifies improvement opportunities and leads continuous improvement projects to implement those solutions.
* Participates in and completes other projects, committee work and tasks as assigned.
In order to accomplish this you will possess the following:
* High school diploma or equivalent (GED.)
* Minimum ten years' experience in a chemical manufacturing environment.
* Minimum five years' experience in polymer operations or production environment; previous manufacturing experience preferred.
* Ability to function independently in a team environment with minimal supervision.
* Knowledge of hazardous waste materials and the appropriate handling and disposal of such products.
* Previous personnel management experience preferred.
* Basic mathematical and computer literacy skills.
* Superior verbal and written English communication skills.
* Demonstrated knowledge of basic manufacturing safety and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines.
* Working knowledge of chemical manufacturing specifications and raw materials.
* Current tow motor/forklift operator certification/license.
* Ability to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
* Demonstrated decision-making and problem-solving capabilities.
* Adherence to Company attendance and punctuality policies and standards and corporate values.
* Ability to work flexible shifts, including overnight and weekend hours.
Must include a resume.
LANXESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information.
Keywords: Lanxess Corporation, Greensboro , Shift Supervisor, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!