Company: HAECO Americas
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Full Time - Direct
The Manufacturing Supervisor plans, manages, and coordinates manufacturing activities within \\"HAECO Americas\\" assigned shops.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
* Serve as supervisor of assigned staff with responsibilities including interviewing / selection, monitoring of performance / attendance, scheduling, assignment of qualified personnel for tasks, administering of disciplinary action, separation of employment, and assistance in the resolution of employee related issues regarding assigned staff.
* Plan and review, with the Production Manager, planned work versus actual for previous shift. Create detailed work plans for upcoming shifts.
* Coordinate with customers, manufacturers, suppliers, and any other agencies to promote, support, and maintain the assigned area.
* Maintain a working knowledge of the progression of all work in assigned areas and how it interfaces with all skills. Develop and update applicable tracking systems / flowcharts to reflect the progression of work daily.
* Coordinate with all support groups to help maintain applicable schedule(s).
* Monitor budget daily to minimize budget overruns and maximize personnel utilization.
* Review tallied items daily for completion, overruns, parts usage, and close items as required.
* Maintain all applicable customer and HAECOreports (Daily Status, Weekly Status Reports, etc.)
* Utilize Epicor software for scheduling, tracking parts, labor, and materials.
* Assist with identifying manufacturing process improvement utilizing Epicor software.
* Implement and sustain Aerosystems continuous improvement initiatives.
* Establish shop goals, assign projects, and evaluate work / documentation for content and conformity with FAA, customer, and HAECO standards requirements.
* Ensure all documentation is accounted for prior to job closure.
* Coordinate with Quality Control (QC) personnel in the development of production plans. Monitor production status based on the plan and work with QC personnel to identify potential improvements and /or correct discrepancies.
* Maintain a working knowledge of internal policies / procedures, monitor effectiveness, and make recommendations for improvement when opportunities are identified.
* Assist the Production Manager in billing the service order within the 5-day goal of kitting parts departure.
* Maintain employee records for the STEP program and make recommendations for improvement when identified.
* Monitor and maintain attendance records of assigned crew; auditing and approving weekly work records of assigned work group.
* Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all work is performed within HAECO safety guidelines.
* Ensure accountability to conduct themselves within the guidelines of company policies and work rules and regulations.
* Perform periodic tool box inspections.
* Minimum two (2) years aerospace industry experience, with at least three (3) years in a manufacturing/production environment.
* Minimum three (3) years experience in a supervisory role.
* Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills.
* Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
* Able to accurately read and interpret aircraft technical documents.
* Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 5% annually.
* Must be proficient with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Project.
* Associates degree with Business or Aviation focus.
* One (1) or more years experience with aviation carpet to include installation and removal from heavy transport category aircraft.
* Previous documented experience in production of Owner / Operator produced parts
HAECO Americas is PROUD TO BE AN EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability EMPLOYER
Keywords: HAECO Americas, Greensboro , Manufacturing Supervisor, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!