Senior Subcontractor Administrator
Company: American Honda Motor Co Inc
Posted on: May 20, 2023
General Summary: Manages processes and activities supporting the
sourcing and contracting of aircraft components, assemblies, and
systems. Assignments will include strategic sourcing, commercial /
contract negotiations, contract administration, and contract
dispute resolution. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary Honda Aircraft contractual liaison and
lead negotiator between subcontractors and internal
- Prepares and issues RFI/RFP/RFQ's (RFx), manages interactions
between potential subcontractor(s) and internal cross-functional
team members, and organizes all incoming/outgoing RFx
communications and data.
- Analyses and evaluates RFx proposals to establish best value
- Organizes and presents sourcing options and recommendations for
cross-functional management review, feedback, and subcontractor
- Develops, negotiates, executes, and manages commercial
contracts, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Master Purchase
Agreements, Product Support Agreements, memoranda of understanding,
and Letter Agreements for the procurement of Aircraft materials and
- Maintains alignment between Honda Aircraft and supplier
established contractual obligations and actions.
- Manage and assist Supply Chain with subcontract deliverables
and milestone events schedules, assists with problem resolutions
and provide subcontract advice and guidance to internal customers,
and senior management.
- Identifies contractual breaches and negotiates remedies,
claims, stop works, termination, and other contractual
- Develops long-term and short-term strategies to accomplish
business unit objectives.
- Provides contracts training and communication materials for
cross-functional team capabilities development.
- Mentors, advises, and trains buyers on key aspects of
subcontract administration and strategies to achieve cost
objectives and contract compliance with existing suppliers
- Ensures compliance with procurement guidelines, company
policies, and strategic company objectives.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws,
including regulations from the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC),
Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Federal Aviation
Regulations(FAR), International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR),
Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA), False Claims Act (FCA), insurance
policies, and intellectual property rights. Education, Work
Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelor of Science in engineering, Supply Chain Management,
Business Administration, or Law discipline required; Master's
- 8+ years' experience in global procurement, preference for
experience in aerospace environment.
- 5 years' experience negotiating and administering long-term
high value contracts. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have workable knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent sourcing capabilities with established records
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational
noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend,
climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods
with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all
regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety
instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language. The above
statements are intended to describe the general nature and scope of
work being performed by people assigned to this classification.
They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
duties, skills, and responsibilities required of personnel so
classified. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at
any time with or without notice. This document does not constitute
a contract between the incumbent and Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA:
Keywords: American Honda Motor Co Inc, Greensboro , Senior Subcontractor Administrator, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...