Packaging Team Lead (3rd Shift)
Company: PRESS GLASS
Posted on: March 21, 2023
Location: Ridgeway, VA
Type of position: full-time -Packaging Team Lead (3rd Shift)
Schedule: Sunday to Thursday; 10:00pm-6:00am -GENERAL
DESCRIPTION:The Team Leader works with and supports packaging team
leadership to acquire the necessary skillset required in achieving
safety, quality and production goals. Oversees the packaging
department within one shift. This individual is responsible for
providing on-the-job training and other developmental activities to
learn the technical aspects of the glass fabrication and glass
packaging process. - -ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assigns tasks for subordinates teams in compliance with
- Observes workers and performs production jobs to acquire
knowledge of methods, processes and standards required for
performance of departmental duties.
- Actively trains employees of the daily operation of
manufacturing processes; including procedures, materials, equipment
and personnel interaction.
- Learns and performs the duties of a Supervisor, including the
supervision of all departmental processes and personnel to ensure
production and quality requirements are met.
- Monitors departmental safety and holds safety meetings with
employees at Supervisor instructions.
- Identifies equipment issues & alerts maintenance for repairs,
caring for company property and continuous review of the correct
operation of machines according to operating manuals or maintenance
- Participates in problem-solving activities as they arise.
- Ensures that the workplace is kept neat and with OSHA standards
and observes the provisions of the Labor Law, Work
- Communicates any production issues that may arise to
- Performing other activities as instructed by Supervisor. -WE
ARE LOOKING FOR A GREAT TEAM PLAYER WITH:
- High School diploma required, additional education is a
- Strong leadership skills and at least 1 -year -experience in
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Basic math skills with ability to read tape measure. -
- Previous -experience with wood work including power tools.
- 3rd shift: Sunday through Thursday -(10:00pm-6:00am)
- Sunday through Thursday, some overtime my be necessary
depending on the production schedule. Hours may vary depending on
department and location. -Join our team and move up within company!
- Group insurance -after 1 month from starting day. -
- Life insurance -covered by PRESS GLASS
- 401K Retirement Plan -with company match after 6 months of
- 8 Paid Holidays -
- Perfect Attendance bonus -up to $1200!
- Paid Time Off - -up to 80 hours within first year, after one
year additional 40 hours.
- Growth opportunity - -- start as an Operator Assistant and move
up within company. More then 50% of Production Supervisors were
promoted within the company.
- Great atmosphere -- we believe in teamwork and help each
- Advanced technology -- you will be trained on new machines with
automated modules in the outstanding factory.
- Appreciations events for all employees! - -
Equal Opportunity Employer
PRESS GLASS Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment
because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual
orientation or national origin.
- I certify that the facts contained in this application are true
and complete to the best of my knowledge and understand that, if
employed, falsified statements on this application shall be grounds
- I authorize investigation of all statements contained herein
and the references and employers listed above to give you any and
all information concerning my previous employment and any pertinent
information they may have, personal or otherwise, and release the
company from all liability for any damage that may result from
utilization of such information.
- I also understand and agree that no representative of the
company has any authority to enter into any agreement for
employment for any specified period of time, or to make any
agreement contrary to the foregoing, unless it is in writing and
signed by an authorized company representative.
- This waiver does not permit the release or use of
disability-related or medical information in a manner prohibited by
the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other relevant
federal and state laws.
- I understand that a consumer credit report or criminal records
check may be necessary prior to my employment. If such reports are
required, I understand that, in compliance with federal law, the
company will provide me with a written notice regarding the use of
these reports and will also obtain a separate written authorization
from me to consent to these reports. I also understand that a poor
credit history or conviction will not automatically result in
disqualification from employment.
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: PRESS GLASS, Greensboro , Packaging Team Lead (3rd Shift), Other , Ridgeway, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...