Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Tech
Company: Snider Fleet
Posted on: January 26, 2023
People who want to do a great job want to work for a company
that values that dedication.
Snider Fleet Solutions is one of the largest commercial tire
dealers and retread service providers in the nation. We are
recognized as an industry leader for providing innovative
outsourcing alternatives to both single truck customers and large
multi-location trucking fleets. In addition to in-shop services, we
also offer 24/7 emergency roadside assistance. Youll be working
with people who put everything theyve got into their jobs. Because
they love what they do and they love being on a winning team. We go
the extra mile in everything we do.
* Paid Time Off (PTO) personal, holiday, sick and vacation
* Career advancement opportunities
* 401(k) retirement planning
* Profit sharing
* Employer-Paid Life
* Employer-Paid Short Term Disability
* And More
We are currently seeking a team member who believes in the extra
mile philosophy to fulfill our Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Tech
A Heavy Duty Truck & Trailer Technician repairs and maintains both
diesel and gasoline powered class 5 through 8 Heavy trucks. Also
repairs and maintains the following trailers: dry van, flatbed, dry
bulk tanker, liquid tanker, reefer, pole, spool, canvas side, auto
carrier, specialty trailers, trailing equipment, and converter gear
by performing the following duties.
All mechanical technicians are eligible for a $3,500 retention
BONUS and are automatically enrolled!! In addition, technicians are
eligible for a $700 monthly commission!!
What Youll Do on a Typical Day:
This position will be under direct supervision and guidance from
the service manager or a technician assigned by his supervisor.
* Have or can acquire the basic hand tools as determined by the
shop manager and be able to use the hand tools in a safe
* Reads work order, observes, and listens to supervisor
instructions to determine malfunctions or issues that must be
addressed and completed during the repair process.
* Diagnoses all heavy duty truck system components under direct
supervision, including electrical, electronics, and emissions
related fault codes etc., in order to repair or replace faulty
parts as indicated by the required testing or visual
* Be able to make basic repairs on the following components under
supervision (must be a repair audited by a supervisor or senior
* PM Inspection, Brake job, Brake chamber and slack adjuster
replacement, Wheel seal replacement and wheel end adjustment
(RP618B), Trace an open or shorted circuit.
* Willingness to learn and repair minor wreck damage with
supervision by welding, pulling, straightening, riveting, and
aligning multiple structural parts.
* Examines all system parts looking for damage, excessive wear,
loose bolts, broken welds, structural deficiencies, air leaks, oils
leaks, stuck, frozen, or rusted parts, as well as safety devices on
all types of trailers.
* Must meet federal criteria as outlined in 49CFR 396 for federal
inspections and brake inspection and adjustment, or can be trained
by OEM at request of company.
* Installs new parts such as, but not limited to: Cross members,
panels, posts, rails, door equipment, flooring, lights, wiring,
brakes, valves, airlines, wheel end components, suspension
components, landing gear, frame assembly, roof, roof bows, and
other parts under supervision. All repairs must be audited by the
supervisor or senior technician.
* Accurately complete DOT forms and all other forms of
documentation in timely fashion.
* PM inspections forms.
* Accurately fills out work order forms using three Cs insuring all
parts are included.
* Lubricates moving parts such as drive line components, hinged
parts, suspension, and steering system components.
* Work well with others and follow instructions from
* Show a willingness to advance in the mechanical field by taking
advantage of any offered training and instructional material.
* Assist with any shop workflow and branch operations.
* Demonstrate excellent attendance, show up to work on time and in
the correct uniform.
* Follow all safety rules, wear proper PPE, and demonstrate safety
* Adheres to all policies, procedures, and values of Snider Fleet
This position will be based in a commercial/industrial tire and/or
mechanical truck service center at one of our Snider Branches. The
employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles,
interacts with moving mechanical parts/equipment on a daily basis,
and the noise level at the service center is usually moderate to
Our Ideal Candidate:
Education or Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED.
* At least 1-year experience within the industry or related
* Must have a clean driving record.
* Must be at least 21 years old
Certificates and Licenses:
* Valid Class C Driver's License or ability to receive within first
6 months of employment and must be insurable to drive by company
* Federal Annual and Brake Inspector certification.
* Commercial TIA certification required after six months of
* DOT Medical Certification.
* Medium/Heavy Truck ASE certifications preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to pass background check and drug screen.
* Safety conscious at all times.
* Ability to read and interpret documents, such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and technical manuals.
* Ability to provide your own hand tools, as well as other
specialized tools to effectively perform job duties.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
* Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and
interpret bar graphs.
* Must be able to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced
* Basic computer and/or smart phone skills.
* Knowledge with diagnostic equipment (OEM, aftermarket or
applicable, as determined by manufacture).
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Knowledge of Maintenance Related Software order processing
* Demonstrate excellent customer service and communication
* Basic understanding of VMRS codes, as well as TMC recommended
* Basic understanding in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel,
* Must have strong organizational and time management skills, as
well as close attention to detail.
You bring the drive. Well provide the training. Apply today to join
our winning team.
Keywords: Snider Fleet, Greensboro , Heavy Duty Truck and Trailer Tech, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!