Mortgage Loan Accting Rpt & Admin Specialist
Company: First Bank
Posted on: May 13, 2022
SUMMARY: The position of Mortgage Loan Accounting, Reporting,
and Administrative Specialist is responsible for mortgage
accounting duties relating to loan level and GL account
reconcilement, interim payment processing, as well as processing of
invoices and refunds. This role is also responsible for reporting
and other duties related to mortgage administration as required to
ensure the smooth operation of mortgage administration for First
Bank. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the reconcilement and balancing of all closed
loans; identify and resolve any discrepancies, provide assistance
to other staff members in resolving discrepancies
- Responsible for the reconcilement of all Mortgage related
applicable General Ledger accounts; identify and resolve any
discrepancies, provide assistance to other staff members in
- Provide mortgage accounting and administrative reporting
support to management, the mortgage department, and other areas
within the bank as needed and on a daily, monthly, quarterly or
yearly schedule as needed.
- Approve and process invoices for Accounts Payable Department.
Approve and process credits and accounts receivable as needed.
- Handle a variety of accounting/reconciliation functions and
working closely with management in analyzing expenditures. Make
recommendations to improve accounting work flow, reporting
procedures and improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Assist mortgage systems administration with maintaining
relationships with current vendors, agencies and investors or in
establishing relationships with new investors and vendors as
- Other duties as required to ensure the highest level of
efficiency, scalability and sustainability of the mortgage
- Must maintain a working knowledge of the Mortgage Lending
industry standard practices and compliance regulations as it
relates to mortgage accounting, pricing and vendor oversight.
- Completes annual compliance courses.
- Adheres specifically to all corporate policies and procedures.
Also adheres to Federal and State regulations and laws; including,
the Bank Secrecy Act and the Anti-Money Laundering Act.
- Adheres to all levels of our Service Excellence standards.
- Performs other duties as required. GENERAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Knowledge & Experience: These specifications are general guidelines
based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to
the satisfactory performance of this position. Individual abilities
may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- College degree or high school diploma/general education degree
(GED) acceptable with sufficient work-related experience.
Work-related experience should consist of Mortgage experience
and/or experience in accounting, bookkeeping and reconciliation.
Mortgage experience should include a general understanding of
mortgage loan origination, sale, post-closing and servicing. These
duties should have been conducted in a business environment.
Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal
school or financial industry related curriculum, should be
applicable to the financial industry.
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage policies and procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills - ability
to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be dedicated to the goals and visions of the bank.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer
operation; mainframe computer system; word processing, spreadsheet
and specialty software programs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication
skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out
instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports,
correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of bank
- Must be detail oriented, while being versatile and able to
multi-task. Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing,
speech, dexterity, visual concentration. A valid driver's license
is required. Must have the ability to stand, walk, sit and use
hands and fingers. Must have the ability to work the hours and days
required to complete the essential functions of the position, as
scheduled. The environment is a professional office with standard
office equipment. Cognitive Requirements: Learning, thinking,
concentration, ability to exercise self-control, ability to work in
a customer relations' environment. Must be able to pay close
attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team. Must
have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and
customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and
employee relations' situations. Must have the ability to exercise
discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. PI175527278
Keywords: First Bank, Greensboro , Mortgage Loan Accting Rpt & Admin Specialist, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!