Diesel Mechanic- First Group
Company: First Group
Posted on: January 13, 2022
First things First: Who are we?First Transit Inc. is a leading
provider of public transportation contracting and management
services. For over 60 years, we have supplied precision,
efficiency, innovation, and all-around expertise to both public and
private transportation systems. Today, we operate in 335 locations,
carrying more than 350 million passengers annually throughout the
United States in 39 states, Puerto Rico and Canada. About the
PositionBenefitsWe offer competitive compensation and benefits
(which vary based on role, location, and business), including
physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision,
401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- $23.50 - $28 hourly wages based on experience & qualifications
- $2,500 sign-on bonus* for well-qualified candidates
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent,
- Ongoing company training on a state-of-the-art online
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwideThis First
Student location is seeking to hire a strong Diesel Mechanic with a
background in diagnostics and problem-solving. This location
services the local school district of Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and
equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups,
suspensions, drive trains, transmission, and other repairs.
- Remove and replace the engine, transmission, and differential
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately.
Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts
and supplies used.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are
safe for our customers. Qualifications
- Valid driver s license required.
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience
or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are
- Must have appropriate mechanic s toolset.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE
certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shifts.
- Be subject to a drug test. First for a ReasonDiversity &
InclusionBecause we re stronger together, we aspire to have a
culture where all people are First. We re committed to providing an
inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every
day.Professional AdvancementStart here. Go far. We believe in
promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for
you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In
addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future
leaders at First Transit.Extensive TrainingBuild skills and
knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention,
technology and equipment, and job efficiency.Community Service &
ImpactGo where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and
First Vehicle Services in your community, you ll have a positive
impact on others. About First AmericaFirst is the largest passenger
transportation company in North America, we provide passenger
transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school
districts, and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8
billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH, and employs
more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7
Canadian provinces. Apply today and get your career on the road
with First Transit!*conditions apply; offer valid until 1/31/2022We
aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to
attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status. First is also
committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates
applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California,
First will consider for employment qualified applicants with
criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance
Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so
we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports
future growth for all. Associated topics: commercial, luxury,
manager iv, manager facilities, office manager, property manager,
representative, resident, senior care, superintendent
Keywords: First Group, Greensboro , Diesel Mechanic- First Group, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!