Resident Care Coordinator
Company: Holden Heights
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Come join our winning team!
We offer a safe and healthy work environment by following all CDC
infection control guidelines.::
Do you want to make a positive change in someone's life? APPLY NOW
and come grow your career with us!:
Nature and scope
The Resident Care Coordinator is responsible to meet residents'
needs and develop and manage activities and programs in service of
our seniors, in accordance with resident needs, government
regulations, and company policies and procedures. This role
coordinates care plans, conducts assessments, and follows up with
medical providers as needed. Additionally, this role encourages
residents' socialization, capitalizes on residents' abilities, and
helps residents feel safe and purposeful. Maintain excellent
customer service skills.
- Medical Assistant, Pharmacy Technician, or Medication Aide
- 2 - 3 years of experience working with senior adults in skilled
nursing or assisted living is preferred.
- Activity Director certification strongly preferred
- Demonstrated effective communication skills with residents,
families, staff, community and state officials and general
- Demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as
well as an individual.
- Honest, ethical, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and
the rights and privacy of others.
- Practices and promotes company guidelines, policies and
procedures, mission statement, values and goals.
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to re-prioritize
daily tasks in order to accommodate fluctuating needs of the
resident and community.
- Strong documentation skills and attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Technology proficiency - able to easily learn and master
various software programs with the purpose of accomplishing and
maintaining a high level of job performance.
- Must pass criminal background check.
- Must meet all health requirements.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities (essential
job functions), with or without reasonable accommodation.Essential
- Responsible for development, implementation, modification and
communication of all resident assessments and care plans.
- Serve as liaison between resident, family, physician and other
health care providers regarding health care issues.
- Participate in prospective resident move-in assessments.
- Ensure that changes in resident conditions are evaluated,
reported, monitored, and documented with follow up to assure
interventions are implemented, documented and completed.
- Participate in resident PCS assessments
- Participate in resident and family care conferences.
- Answers physician/clinician inquiries.
- Schedules and performs resident rounds to monitor and evaluate
the quality and appropriateness of care.
- Provide oversight of the medication management systems and
ensure that all medications are current, properly stored and
properly disposed of when discontinued.
- Participate as a team member of the facility's Quality
Assurance Committee and assure the requirements of the Community's
QA Program are accurately completed each quarter.
- Audit resident records on a regular basis and ensure that
documentation indicates compliance with State Regulatory care
requirements. Assure records accurately address the care issues,
including identified concerns, interventions and outcomes of all
residents. In addition, ensure when required, the health care needs
are contracted to the appropriate agencies per doctor's
- Pulling Matrixcare compliance reports weekly and following up
on areas of need
- Supports clinical aspects of state or federal government survey
- Maintain a current knowledge of OSHA and state regulations and
routinely monitor community compliance with regulations related to
- Serves as a member of the community's leadership team.
- Participate in activity programming
- Holds care staff stand up meetings on a daily basis
- Any other duties assigned by the Executive Director.Working
conditions (travel, hours, environment)
- Works a varied schedule, quarterly works the overnight
- Is involved with personnel and visitors under all conditions
- Communicates with all department supervisors and
Medium work: ability to exert 20-50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 10-25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move.
OSHA category classification
II: Potential for exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
Note: All duties and responsibilities listed are considered to be
essential job functions and requirements and are subject to
possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with
disabilities. Marginal functions of the position (those that are
incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties) have not
been included. However, the omission of specific statements of
duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is
similar, related or logical assignment to the position.
Keywords: Holden Heights, Greensboro , Resident Care Coordinator, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!