Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Charlotte,
NC (North Carolina); Hartford, CT (Connecticut)
Relocation assistance is not available for this opportunity.
About the Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250 company with over 10,000
employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower
Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence.
Our core business areas - Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement
Plan Services and Group Protection - focus on supporting,
preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer's lifestyles and
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group
is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC)
and its affiliates. The company had $238 billion in assets under
management as of December 31, 2018.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes
magazine, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our
employees' futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and
protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career
development resources designed to help each individual reach their
personal and professional goals.
General Purpose of Job
This position will build and maintain strong business
relationships with key sales clients to meet or exceed established
sales goals, quotas, targets or objectives for his/her assigned
area(s) of Internal Wholesale responsibility. This position
initiates and/or follows up on more complex sales calls through
inbound and outbound communications which result in an increase in
sales revenue and market share within his/her assigned area of
Duties and Responsibilities
- Builds and maintains strong business relationships with key
sales clients to meet or exceed established sales goals, quotas,
targets or objectives for his/her assigned area(s) of
- Captures and maintains sales call data in appropriate systems
and/or completes sales reports.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to ensure the proper
processing of all sold products from time of sale to issuance.
- Collects required more complex information from the customers
they contact or who contact them that is necessary to create sales
- Develops and maintains a strong understanding of LFG's
products, services and operational structure to enhance ability to
identify and target sales growth opportunities for his/her assigned
area(s) of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with
internal/external stakeholders to achieve sales objectives.
- Develops business on behalf of the Lincoln Financial Group
(LFG) in a manner that supports a positive company image, in
compliance with all required rules and regulations and ethical in
- Enters collected information into appropriate systems that
identifies which products may be offered to customers based upon
more complex information provided.
- Identifies and recommends to management process improvements
that reduce workloads or improve quality for his/her assigned
area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies, communicates and works with appropriate
stakeholders to resolve any potential conflicts regarding Lincolns
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends
for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and
collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and
developments in current and future solutions.
- May compile documents for forwarding to appropriate
stakeholders for underwriting or processing.
- Meets or exceeds all department, and sales and/or activity
goals for his/her assigned territory.
- Partners with key. stakeholders to support the development of
territory business plans designed to increase territory sales.
- Plans and executes marketing solutions within assigned
- Receives more complex internal leads and contacts potential
customers or receives contacts from customers generated by
- Serves as a resource to internal/external stakeholders for
his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal
regulations and guidelines. Complies with all company and site
policies and procedures.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making
suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical
or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes
- Demonstrated ability to identify, develop and implement
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and
coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with
ability to build both technical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability
to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict
attention to detail.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative
- Demonstrates strong relationship management skills with
internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues) and
- Demonstrates the ability to use sound judgment and discretion
regarding confidential information.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among
management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without
directing or commanding.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years
of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
- Licenses dependent upon product being supported with specified
time frame -Upon Hire
- FINRA Series 6 license -Upon Hire
- FINRA Series 63 License -Upon Hire
- Resident State Life & Health -Upon Hire
- 1 - 3+ Years of experience in financial services sales,
marketing and/or relationship management that directly aligns with
the specific responsibilities for this position (Required )
This position may be subject to Lincoln's Political Contribution
Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to
Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may
decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if
it determines political contributions made could have an adverse
impact on Lincoln's current or future business interests,
misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose
applicable political contributions and or fundraising
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our
web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln
Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group
and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer
and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire,
compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants
are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a
person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your
interest for a position through our online application process, or
require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
Nearest Major Market: Greensboro
Job Segment: Underwriter, Law, Compliance, Insurance, Legal