Screed Operator- Greensboro / Burlington
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, Thompson-Arthur Paving and
Construction, a CRH company, is a leading provider of high-quality
asphalt paving services. In addition to paving services, we provide
stone base construction, bridge construction, curb and gutter
construction, site utilities, complete site development and sand
products. We have been proudly serving the Triad area for over half
a century. By being a part of the CRH family, we are a proud
reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional
companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to
form CRH. CRH is the number one asphalt producer and paver, the
largest aggregates producer and the second largest ready-mix
producer in North America. We are also the number four cement
producer in North America and a leader in Canada. CRH operates with
a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small
company environment while having the career opportunities of a
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches
unsuccessful? Look no further, Thompson-Arthur Paving &
Construction has the perfect career opportunity waiting for
Job Description Summary
- Crew member essential to the application of asphalt on
highways/private roadways/parking lots/ and driveways through the
operation of screed controls.
- Operation of the asphalt paver making normal adjustments for
obtaining proper depth, grade and finish cross section of asphalt
material via screed extensions.
- Must partner with other crew members to apply asphalt per plan
specifications and perform tasks of other positions as instructed
by crew foreman to ensure daily schedules/estimates are met.
- May perform other related duties such as adding or removing
- May be required to use the following tools: brooms, pick,
mattock, axe, brush hook, hammer, saw, pneumatic hammer/drill,
tamps (both manual and power driven), sample saw, concrete saw,
sledge hammer, as well as, other tools needed to complete jobs
- Physical ability to operate equipment under temperature
extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12
- Attendance required according to company attendance policy to
ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
- Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and
professional manner with co-workers, customers, public.
- Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes,
location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required.
Out of town/county/state work may be required.
- Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy
and maintain individual PPE in a functional condition.
- Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americashas a long and proud heritage as one of North
Americas largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas
family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified
structure, letting you work in a small company environment while
having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If youre up for a
rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply
today! Please complete your online application and profile which
will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you
for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Thompson-Arthur Paving and Construction is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more,
please click on thislink.
Keywords: CRH, Greensboro , Screed Operator- Greensboro / Burlington, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!