Company: AmeriGas Propane, Inc.
Posted on: June 11, 2021
When you work for AmeriGas, you become a part of something BIG!
Founded in 1959, AmeriGas is the nation’s premiere propane company,
serving over 1.5 million residential, commercial, industrial and
motor fuel propane customers. Together, over 6,500 dedicated
professionals will deliver over 1 billion gallons of propane from
1,800+ distribution points across the United States.
Job Summary (Purpose):
The account manager prospects, qualifies, and closes new customers
by selling propane solutions within a specific geographic
assignment. Retains business from secured commercial
accounts. Meets and exceeds sales goals defined by Total
Sales Profit. Assists local operations management in coaching our
field personnel on how to grow our business.
• Ability to establish and develop both
internal and external relationships, present sales proposals and
build client accounts.
• Entrepreneurial mindset to maximize business
growth from assigned territory.
• Understands AmeriGas business and is an expert
on products, business segments and selling process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Increase revenue from new and existing customers.
- Establishes strong relationships with prospective
customers through the use of various prospecting and business
- Develop and execute a sales plan for their
specific geographic area in order to maintain a high level of
effective sales call activity and increase productivity.
- Networks with decision-makers in targeted client
organizations to lead them to the AmeriGas solution.
- Makes the appropriate time commitment to build
the internal and external client relationships both during normal
work hours and special events.
- Protects AmeriGas from competitive threats,
maintaining and sharing excellent competitive intelligence.
- Prepares and presents sales proposals to current
and prospective customers.
An “expert” on products and solutions and is current on
- Works with area sales manager and vendors to
improve ability to use sales tools and sales techniques.
- Maintains working knowledge of applications and
- Attends periodic meetings and training classes as
- Prepares complete and accurate paperwork based on
corporate policy and procedures
- Reviews commission statements and ensures
commission is paid accurately
- Is proficient in the regular use of the CRM tool
for new account acquisition.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Must have all sales skills necessary to
independently prospect assigned geographic territory, probe to
discover needs, present solutions, and secure new business.
• Must be able to maintain a high level of
productivity through careful time management across assigned
• Must have complete understanding of propane
products and services.
• Valid Driver’s license with the ability to
travel within the local area, including customer visits, district
visits, and trade shows
Education and Experience Required:
• High school education or equivalent
required. College degree preferred.
• 3 years sales experience required with a
demonstrated record of sales success and goal attainment
• Commercial / industrial sales experience
AmeriGas is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of
race, color, sex, national origin, disability, age, gender
identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally
protected class in its practices.
AmeriGas is a Drug Free Workplace. Candidates must be willing to
submit to a pre-employment drug screen and a criminal background
check. Successful applicants shall be required to pass a
pre-employment drug screen as a condition of employment, and if
hired, shall be subject to substance abuse testing in accordance
with AmeriGas policies. As a federal contractor that engages in
safety-sensitive work, AmeriGas cannot permit employees in certain
positions to use medical marijuana, even if prescribed by an
authorized physician. Similarly, applicants for such
positions who are actively using medical marijuana may be denied
hire on that basis.
Keywords: AmeriGas Propane, Inc., Greensboro , Account Manager, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!