Company: J. A. King
Posted on: June 10, 2021
The Integration Technician position is comprised of
implementation and troubleshooting of automation systems for
multiple projects and service calls active within our
- Ability to handle the implementation of plant automation using
our in-house integration methods and vendor supplied hardware and
- Ability to troubleshoot electrical and electronic
- Ability to read and comprehend mechanical drawings.
- Ability to read and comprehend electrical schematics.
- Basic use of hand tools for electrical and electronic
- Basic use of hand tools for assembly of mechanical
- Interacts with our customers to meet the needs of the project
or service call.
- Interacts with our sales staff to be sure the requirements of
the project are understood.
- Ability to work as a functioning team member.
- Sales: Occasionally supports the sales staff by acting as the
technical consultant for potential projects.
- Completes the associated paperwork for projects and service
- Enters their time on a weekly basis.
Education and Experience
- Experience writing technical documents
- Fluent Mathematical skills and problem solving expertise
- Fluent PC/Computer skills including Internet based tools,
Google Suite, MS Word, and Excel.
- Fluent Ethernet / Networking skills desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to implement technical solutions tailored
to a specific project.
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend electrical
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend mechanical
- Customer Focus - Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels
of customer contact.
- Instills Trust - High level of integrity and understanding of
- Communicates Effectively - Excellent listening skills.
- Action Oriented - Self-motivated; able to work independently
with minimal supervision.
- Drives Results - Good decision making and problem solving
- Plans and Aligns - Good organizational skills.
- Resourcefulness - Innovative, open-minded, resourceful.
- Manages Conflict - Handles stressful situations well; adapt
readily; courageous spirit.
- Collaborates - Functions cooperatively in a team
- Nimble Learning - Integrates new information quickly.
Physical and Mental Requirements
- The work environment varies from typical office environment to
plant site environment
- Travel requirement up to 30%. May involve some overnight travel
(1-2 nights a week on average) and requires availability to travel
with less than 24 hour notice (for customer emergency support, less
than 5%) Travel requirements may vary depending on work
- Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Requires
walking primarily on a level surface for varying periods throughout
the day in the plant site area. Could involve long periods of
- Able to lift or carry up to 40 lbs.
- Postural activities include climbing, maneuvering, bending,
stooping, kneeling. Crouching, crawling above, under and around
machinery, equipment and occasionally and includes reaching,
handling, touching grasping machine parts, controls, control
panels, levers, and switches as needed.
- Ability to climb ladders, stairs, platforms and scaffolding to
diagnose/troubleshoot process and equipment occasionally.
- Ability to work in non-permit required spaces and at heights of
15' to 20'.
- Physical effort required, continuous mental and visual
- While working in the plant site environment may require working
more than 40 hours to support the work efforts
- The performance of this position includes exposure to the
manufacturing areas where certain areas require the use of personal
protective equipment (PPE) such as Safety Glasses with Side
Shields, Hearing Protection and Safety Shoes. Primary environment:
ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office
equipment as found in a typical manufacturing environment. Required
to be able to read documents and computer screens.
Keywords: J. A. King, Greensboro , Integration Technician, Other , Whitsett, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!