Mechanical Design Engineer
Company: J. A. King
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Provide complete custom mechanical design, drawing, quotation,
and technical assistance for a wide variety of applications to
support the Robotics Business Unit and Automation Group. This
requires a thorough understanding of our product offerings, and
those of our competitors. The position also requires excellent
communication skills, the ability to handle multiple projects, work
well with team members, and meet deadlines to satisfy our customers
and support our internal operations.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of a team to decide on the best concept for
- Assist in design of automation system to support a wide variety
- Complete detailed 2D and 3D drawings for vendors and our
- Accurate, timely, and competitive quotations for designed
- Possesses the ability to understand how technical aspects of
the project interact with one another.
- Ability to be hands on with build and install mechanical
- Regularly provide status updates as well as other project
information to the Project Manager.
- Support sales efforts by helping evaluate value add and
integration opportunities that require design.
- Pre-sales support on general integration opportunities.
- Support and Technical Services:
- Assist in the design of integration systems.
- Accurate and timely drawings, 3D models, and quotes.
- Technical support for fabricators.
- Testing and inspection of applicable solutions before
- Hands on build and assembly of value add products and
- Utilize knowledge in helping determine the best approach for
- Accomplish tasks within the assigned deadline.
- Updated progress timelines for project tracking purposes.
- Share design files for project organization.
- Keep an updated schedule with the Innovation team.
- Update drawings to reflect latest changes, and history of
- Assist with Project Management Tasks
Education and Experience
- A four year engineering degree or equivalent related experience
is required. Must have a background in electromechanical
- Experience in the mechanical design and layout of
automation/integration solutions is a plus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects of varying scope,
complexity and size.
- Fluent Mathematical skills and problem solving expertise
- Fluent PC/Computer skills including Internet based tools,
Outlook, MS Word, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint, Google Suite
- Fluent 3D design skills (AutoCAD Inventor experience is a plus,
otherwise training will be required).
- High level knowledge of systems and components for
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to implement technical solutions tailored
to a specific project.
- High level of integrity and understanding of business
- Good interpersonal skills at all levels of customer/colleague
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Handles stressful situations well ; accept change easily and
- Functions cooperatively in a team environment.
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with minimal
- Good decision making and problem solving skills;
- Innovative, open-minded, resourceful.
- Integrates new information quickly.
Keywords: J. A. King, Greensboro , Mechanical Design Engineer, Other , Whitsett, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!