Transportation Dispatcher - Part time
Company: Burton Logistics Solutions
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Burton Logistics Solutions is seeking candidates for the
position of Transportation Dispatcher.
- Scheduling drivers to make freight deliveries or collect
shipments and packages.
- Communicating with customers about freight details, delivery or
pickup times, and special handling requests.
- Planning pre-determined routes and accommodating route changes
- Preparing dispatch documents, as well as generating freight
bills and invoices.
- Maintaining records of dispatched calls, driver routes, route
changes, as well as delivery and pickup times.
- Keeping track of transportation regulations and laws to ensure
that truck drivers comply.
- Reviewing drivers' logs, including dispatched calls and arrival
- Monitoring truck repairs and maintenance schedules.
- Logging customer shipping schedules and complaints.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Preferred: Bachelor's or Associate Degree in Transportation or
- Ability to work under pressure and time management.
- 2-3 years of experience as a Dispatcher or similar position
- Exceptional ability to schedule drivers, plan routes, and
dispatch drivers to customer locations.
- Extensive experience in customer services, as well as
generating freight bills and invoices.
- Experience with Transportation Management Software (TMS), such
- Proficiency in office software, including Microsoft Word,
Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to monitor drivers' logs, truck maintenance schedules,
- Knowledge of applicable transportation regulations and
- Excellent organizational, communication, and time management
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Keywords: Burton Logistics Solutions, Greensboro , Transportation Dispatcher - Part time, Other , Graham, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!