Company: Amerihealth Caritas Health Plan
Posted on: June 10, 2021
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Community Outreach,
this position promotes The Health Plan's programs throughout the
state via site visits and participation in community events.
Identifies and directs potential Medicaid and uninsured candidates
appropriately to The Plan's programs. Develops, implements and
manages community event opportunities and coordinates these
activities with the Community Education staff. Educates potential
Medicaid recipients on how to enroll and access the enrollment
broker system for plan enrollment. Assists members with concerns
and directs them to the Member Services department.
- Presents and explains program benefits to potential
- Develops, implements and manages community outreach
opportunities and activities ensuring that the activity is staffed
and supplied adequately.
- Works with various community agencies to coordinate meetings
and activities that will allow the company to establish a
relationship within assigned service areas.
- Supports member retention and assists auto enrollees with the
selection of primary care physicians, explains program benefits and
assists in follow-up to Member Services for members with
- Establishes and maintains professional relationships at
scheduled sites and at community events.
- Maintains proper appearance relative to the setup of materials
and tables at community sites and events.
- Adheres to flexible scheduling to include weekends, evenings
and special events.
- Seeks out and identifies opportunities within the community for
site setup and event participation.
- Keeps abreast of current market changes and competitor
activities, and informs management of activities that may affect
- Maintains and follows proper protocol for encounter forms,
daily log submissions and other back office responsibilities.
- Maintains and submits all paperwork requirements accurately and
within proper time lines.
- Coordinates and implements face-to-face education and outreach
sessions/workshops for members and potential members based on
referrals from various departments.
- Conducts orientations on ACFC and other educational
presentations to organizations, members and potential members as
- High School/GED.
- Associate's Degree preferred.
- Bilingual candidate preferred
- 1 to 3 years sales, service, support or community-based
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and marketplace
Keywords: Amerihealth Caritas Health Plan, Greensboro , Community Educator, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!