Company: Culp, Inc.
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Position Summary: The Import Coordinator will analyze, plan,
schedule and coordinate receipts of production purchased from our
global partners to satisfy customer demand. Will work closely with
the Import Scheduling agent as well as the strategic planning and
customer service teams.
- Review unconfirmed back order file and confirm orders based on
product availability and receiving dates from outside
- Work with strategic planning team to maximize the global
planning platform on the placing of new and existing production
- Evaluate and make decisions on the placement of new and
existing products based on our global partners lead times, customer
required receiving dates and pricing.
- Purchase and schedule receipts on all imported finished and
greige good styles from all CHF global partners.
- Work with global fabric suppliers and our freight forwarders to
ensure timely delivery of shipments as well as best pricing
- Enter purchase orders on a timely basis to ensure product
availability based on customer requirements.
- Update purchase orders and communicate changes to our global
partners as requirements change.
- Review and analyze as required the inventory position and back
order reports against actual usage and advise management of areas
- Work with sales and customer service on priority items to be
reviewed for production
- Review items used by multiple customers to ensure back order
reflects yardage requirements to cover all accounts.
- Assist customer service/scheduling in back order maintenance as
- Update AS400 to match changes in requirements
- Maintain and update the outsourcing style file as new styles
are approved to be manufactured at outside vendors.
- Work with Import Scheduling Agent as required and back up as
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Role Qualifications/Essential Skills and Experience:
- College degree preferred.
- Prior Import / Export experience desired.
- Strong computer experience required. Microsoft Office, Excel,
Word a must. AS400 experience desired.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions.
- Customer Service experience desired.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong team player.
- Commitment to company values.
Reporting to This Position: n/a
Physical demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and
work environment characteristics described here are representative
of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms;
balance; stoop; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift
up to 15 lbs. and push/pull up to 15-foot lbs. with the use of
equipment. Specific vision abilities required by the job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the
Audio Testing: n/a
PPE: Safety glasses, hearing protection as required
- Driver's License Required: No
Keywords: Culp, Inc., Greensboro , Import Coordinator, Other , Stokesdale, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!