Community Infection Prevention Educator
Company: Orange County Human Resources Department
Posted on: October 17, 2020
The Orange County Health Department has openings for six
temporary Community Infection Prevention Educators. These temporary
positions are responsible for educating congregate living
facilities about infectious disease control, and planning,
implementing, and evaluating activities to address COVID-19 health
priorities identified by the NC Department of Health and Human
Services. These positions will make site visits to congregate
living facilities in the following North Carolina counties and
applicants residing in those counties are encouraged to apply:
- Rockingham Work is performed under the regular supervision of
the Public Health Nurse II - Preparedness Coordinator with some
leeway to exercise independent judgment within the framework of
applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures in the
performance of duties. Supervision is a not a responsibility of
this class. Does related work as required. Mileage costs related to
site visits will be reimbursed by Orange County. This is a safety
sensitive position and participation in the Drug and Alcohol
Program is required. Background Check required. Examples of
- Following are examples of typical work activities and
responsibilities. Other related duties and responsibilities may be
assigned as required. A position may not include all the work
examples given, nor does the list include all that may be
- Prepares, schedules, and makes community awareness
presentations to congregate living facilities to address COVID-19
symptom identification and management, promote social distancing,
and advocate for development of policies and procedures.
- Works with long-term care settings (assisted living facilities,
retirement facilities and adult group homes) to review infection
prevention practices, conduct infection prevention education to
staff, provide infection prevention guidance to these settings,
develop and/or revise tools to assist in the assessment and
promotion of infection prevention compliance, assist in the
investigation, control, education, prevention and care activities
to reduce morbidity and mortality associated with COVID-19, and
work in coordination with the NC Division of Public Health and the
NC Statewide Program for Infection Control and Epidemiology (NC
SPICE) to address identified infection prevention and control
- Maintains all records and data including referrals, visit
documentation, findings, and follow-up, and provides reports to the
- Adheres to the department's safety rules and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required. Full Performance Of
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience in infection prevention principles
and outbreak management of communicable diseases, and the ability
to apply infection prevention principles.
- Good knowledge of HIPAA guidelines and the ability to apply
guidelines to client information and records.
- Skill in public and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrated skill in making presentations to small and large
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment, integrity,
resourcefulness, accuracy, thoroughness and the physical condition
commensurate with the demands of the position, while maintaining an
ethical standard of care.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
with racially and socio-economical diverse populations to express
information and ideas clearly and concisely.
- Ability to organize, develop, and conduct formal training
- Ability to manage, anticipate, recognize, and respond to
complex situations to include conflict resolution, decision-making,
- Ability to effectively communicate with and provide
consultation to nursing and medical staff, patients and families,
professional colleagues, State/Federal partners, and the general
- Ability to effectively use computer applications such as
spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, e-mail and database
software. Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with an
Associate's Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Public Health
Education, Health Communications or related field and two (2) years
of related work experience; OR An equivalent combination of
training and experience as defined above. A higher degree does not
substitute for work experience.
- Professional licensure or certification as a Registered Nurse,
Emergency Medical Technician or Paramedic is preferred.
- Background in nursing, epidemiology, infectious diseases or
public health is preferred.
- Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. Our goal is to be
a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of
the residents we serve. Each position is a key contributor to the
work in the department to address systemic racial inequities and
prevent discrimination on the basis of race, age, color,
disability, national origin, or sex. This work requires us to
confront inequities of the past, reveal inequities of the present
and develop effective strategies to move all of us towards an
equitable future for all people in Orange County.
Keywords: Orange County Human Resources Department, Greensboro , Community Infection Prevention Educator, Other , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!