Senior Software Java Engineer
Company: Retail Options
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Who Are You
You are an experienced Java backend developer with skills in Spring
Boot, JMS, JSON, UNIX and relational databases. Any additional
knowledge of connected applications is a bonus. We put the emphasis
on who you are as a person and we believe that your personality is
the major reason for you to succeed in this role.
We want to connect with curious minds that love innovation and are
interested in the future of mobility. We are now looking for senior
Java backend developers with an interest in developing software
applications. You will be part of a small and diverse DevOps team
that works in two-week sprints and in ten-week program increments.
You will be part of the Core Services function within Connected
This role will be ideally located on-site with a hybrid schedule of
onsite and remote work. Relocation is available. Remote options are
available. An initial training opportunity will take place during
first months of onboarding.
- As part of a DevOps team you will maintain and support existing
- Work with new development of connected services
- Interact with Business Analysts to gather and define
- Analyze use cases for validity and feasibility
- Conduct impact analysis and create estimates
- Develop effective, defect free source code that meets business
requirements and team standards.
- Contribute to technical alternatives for complex business
problems and roadmaps.
- As part of maintenance and development work with test cases to
- Participate and support in all levels of testing (System,
Integration, Regression, Load, and Performance)
- Perform design review to help identify coding defects,
discrepancies in requirements and help resolve issues with
appropriate developers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Develop production support documentation and provide support
for production issues
- Participates and supports release process
- Participates in the development and support of Deployment tools
and standard procedures.
- Identify changes that make the system(s) more efficient and/or
reduces operation or maintenance costs.
- Identify and contribute to the optimization and continuous
improvement of group's Way of Working Minimum Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant IT professional experience from
application development and maintenance/support.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members in
- Excellent written (Business & Technical), verbal and listening
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills. Technical
- 5 years of experience with object-oriented programming
- 5 years of experience with hands-on Java programming including
- Java 11 and up, with proficiency on the following libraries and
the concepts supported by them:
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Relational databases: Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Docker containers
- Test Driven Development
- Agile principles
- GIT source control
- APIs Preferred Experience:
- Very well skilled in Java backend
- Skilled in Spring - xtra focus Spring Boot
- JMS - messaging
- DB skills (As basic skill RelDb - other skills a bonus)
- JSON skills
- UNIX skills Other skills - not mandatory but useful
- Understanding of scalability and experience of load tests
- Understanding if Micro services architecture and Design
- AWS skills
- Experience of UDP, Binary SMS and sat-com
- Experience of ASN1
- Experience of Automotive industry and connectivity Education
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent
combination of education, training and experience that provides the
required knowledge skills and abilities.
Keywords: Retail Options, Greensboro , Senior Software Java Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!