Senior Java Software Engineer
Company: Volvo Group
Posted on: January 13, 2022
United StatesPosition DescriptionWe are looking for a senior
Java backend developer to join our team! Look around you and you
will notice that most of the vehicles you see are seamlessly
connected in one way or another. How we use connectivity is only
limited by our imagination. By collecting and analyzing data from
more than 1,000,000 connected customer vehicles, we can make
transport safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Who are you
You are an experienced Java backend developer with skills in Spring
Boot, JMS, JSON, UNIX and relational databases. Any additional
knowledge of connected applications is a bonus. We put the emphasis
on who you are as a person and we believe that your personality is
the major reason for you to succeed in this role.
We want to connect with curious minds that love innovation and are
interested in the future of mobility. We are now looking for senior
Java backend developers with an interest in developing software
applications. You will be part of a small and diverse DevOps team
that works in two-week sprints and in ten-week program increments.
You will be part of the Core Services function within Volvo Group
This role will be ideally located on-site in Greensboro, NC with a
hybrid schedule of onsite and remote work. Relocation is available.
Remote options are available. We also prefer an initial training
period that will take place during the first few months of
onboarding in Gothenburg, Sweden.
- As part of a DevOps team you will maintain and support existing
- Work with new development of connected services
- Interact with Business Analysts to gather and define
- Analyze use cases for validity and feasibility
- Conduct impact analysis and create estimates
- Develop effective, defect free source code that meets business
requirements and team standards.
- Contribute to technical alternatives for complex business
problems and roadmaps.
- As part of maintenance and development work with test cases to
- Participate and support in all levels of testing (System,
Integration, Regression, Load, and Performance)
- Perform design review to help identify coding defects,
discrepancies in requirements and help resolve issues with
appropriate developers, partners, and stakeholders.
- Develop production support documentation and provide support
for production issues
- Participates and supports release process
- Participates in the development and support of Deployment tools
and standard procedures.
- Identify changes that make the system(s) more efficient and/or
reduces operation or maintenance costs.
- Identify and contribute to the optimization and continuous
improvement of group's Way of WorkingMinimum Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years relevant IT professional experience from
application development and maintenance/support.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with team members in
- Excellent written (Business & Technical), verbal and listening
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.Technical
- 5 years of experience with object-oriented programming
- 5 years of experience with hands-on Java programming including
- Java 11 and up, with proficiency on the following libraries and
the concepts supported by them:
- Spring and Spring Boot
- Relational databases: Oracle and/or PostgreSQL
- Docker containers
- Test Driven Development
- Agile principles
- GIT source control
- APIsPreferred Experience:
- Very well skilled in Java backend
- Skilled in Spring - xtra focus Spring Boot
- JMS - messaging
- DB skills (As basic skill RelDb - other skills a bonus)
- JSON skills
- UNIX skillsOther skills - not mandatory but useful
- Understanding of scalability and experience of load tests
- Understanding if Micro services architecture and Design
- AWS skills
- Experience of UDP, Binary SMS and sat-com
- Experience of ASN1
- Experience of Automotive industry and connectivityEducation
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, or the equivalent
combination of education, training and experience that provides the
required knowledge skills and abilities.
About usThe Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport
solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power
solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and
services that increase our customers' uptime and productivity.
Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future
landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions.
Countless career opportunities are offered across the group's
leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion,
High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
www.volvogroup.com/career.Volvo Group Connected Solutions is a
global organization that leads the development of Volvo's connected
services and solutions of tomorrow. We work at the forefront of
connectivity by collecting and analyzing data from over 1 000 000
Volvo customer assets. The organization is set-up to deliver
competitive offerings, shorten time to market and provide an arena
for new service innovations together with customers, partners and
the Volvo Group.Come and visit us online!Auto req
ID119708BROrganizationConnected SolutionsState / ProvinceNorth
Required (maximum)Occasional TravelFunctional AreaInformation
TechnologyLast application date14-Jan-2022US Disclaimer textVolvo
Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We Participate in E-verify
Keywords: Volvo Group, Greensboro , Senior Java Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!