Consultant, Payroll Tax Compliance
Company: Lincoln Financial Group
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Alternate Locations: Greensboro, NC (North Carolina)Relocation
assistance is not available for this opportunity.Requisition
#61900About the CompanyLincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 250
company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions
that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives
with confidence. Our core business areas Life Insurance, Annuities,
Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection focus on supporting,
preserving and enhancing over 17 million customers lifestyles and
retirement outcomes.Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln
Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National
Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $238
billion in assets under management as of December 31, 2018.Ranked
one of the Best Large Employers in America by Forbes magazine,
Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees
futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection
plans, health and wellness programs, and career development
resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and
professional goals.The RoleThis position will work closely with
cross-functional business partners, serving as the primary resource
for researching payroll tax law and compliance updates, monitoring
and managing payroll tax configuration changes to the Payroll
platform, monitoring and managing garnishment compliance, as well
as fulfilling regulatory reporting
- Performs a diverse range of Federal, State and Local payroll
- Researches industry best practices and establishes,
communicates, and monitors compliance with policies, procedures and
internal controls for effective and efficient daily
- Performs audits of the setup of employee work/live state for
tax withholding and unemployment insurance purposes.
- Audits and ensures proper setup and maintenance of employee
local withholding codes.
- Conducts periodic reviews of garnishments to ensure
- Develops and maintains more complex audit review
- Acts as a point of contact and liaison with Corporate Tax to
ensure accurate filings and returns.
- Liaises with appropriate stakeholders, Managed Services
Providers, and vendors to ensure compliance and remediate any
deficiencies found during audits.
- Prepares regulatory reports including but not limited to EEO-1,
New Hire, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Worksite.
- Reconciles taxable wages to 940s, 941s and W-2s.
- Monitors and coordinates SUI tax rate changes with unemployment
insurance vendor to ensure compliance.
- Maintains, reconciles and issues W-2s, W-2cs and manages 3rd
party tax form portal.
- Provides information and responses to handle more complex
employee W-2 inquiries.
- Maintains and updates tax configuration and unemployment rate
changes within the Payroll system to ensure compliance with state
and local tax regulations.
- Conducts more complex testing of tax configuration changes and
- Performs root-cause analysis of systemic issues to remediate
identified issues and prevent improper withholding, reporting,
filing or payment of payroll taxes.
- Assists with year-end/year-beginning payroll process.
- Communicates and may prepare compliance alerts and/or
communications concerning new or updated payroll tax
- Conducts and/or participates in more complex projects for
his/her assigned area of responsibilityEducation
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years
of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) in Finance or
- 3 - 5+ Years experience with payroll tax compliance research
that directly relates to the specific responsibilities of this
- 2+ years of experience with Success Factors Employee Central
Payroll and/or SAP payroll preferred
- Solid working knowledge of payroll operations
- Experience with systems integrations and acquisitions
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
- A business-partnering approach, with high standards for
integrity and ethics.
- Ability to thrive in a changing environment with a roll-up
sleeves approach to accomplish all necessary tasks#LI-AB1This
position may be subject to Lincolns Political Contribution Policy.
An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln
the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline
to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it
determines political contributions made could have an adverse
impact on Lincolns current or future business interests,
misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose
applicable political contributions and or fundraising
activities.Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted
through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of
Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln
Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency
fees.Lincoln Financial Group (LFG) is an Equal Opportunity employer
and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire,
compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age,
national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity
and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Applicants
are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a
person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your
interest for a position through our online application process, or
require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling
260-455-2558.#P3Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal
Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and
practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all
job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or
genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to
employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job
qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform
pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Keywords: Lincoln Financial Group, Greensboro , Consultant, Payroll Tax Compliance, Human Resources , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!