Human Resources Generalist
Company: Honda North America
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Honda Aircraft Company Description General Summary
The Human Resources Generalist collaborates with business partners
in implementing strategic initiatives that result in continuous
improvement, enhance employee engagement, improve working
relationships, and provide positive business results. This position
takes on a wide variety of tasks throughout the Human Resources
department including immigration sponsorships, and other human
resources policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the HR team in key programs or initiatives
like Talent Development, Recruiting, Retention, and Employee
- Partners with the Recruiting Team and business partners in
attracting, developing, and retaining high quality talent.
- Partners with senior leadership/management to interpret,
define, communicate, and implement, various Human Resources
policies, procedures, laws, standards, and government
- Consults with leaders and provides Human Resources Guidance
(coaching, counseling, career development, performance improvement,
and disciplinary actions).
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes data and makes
recommendations to management team for corrective action and
- Manages, investigates, and resolves conflict resolution issues,
ethics complaints and other employee relations issues.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures,
workforce planning, and succession planning.
- Serve as an HR point of contact with employees, including
assisting with benefit and other policy questions
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
- Bachelors' degree in Human Resources, business or related field
- 5 years' experience in human resources
- PHR/SPHR desired.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Excellent consulting skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy
- Strong conflict management skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Knowledge in labor relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Manage multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels.
- Self directed and motivated.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel,
PowerPoint, Lotus Notes).
- Strong employment law compliance background including FMLA,
Workers Compensation and Unemployment.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational
noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend,
move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no
restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all
regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety
instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout
the work shift without assistance, as required by job
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move
materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more
during the work shift, with the use of Company provided "reach
assistance technology" or "movement assist technology" (fork-lifts,
pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics reach equipment, people
movers etc.), as required by job duties.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and scope of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all duties, skills, and responsibilities
required of personnel so classified. Duties, responsibilities, and
activities may change at any time with or without notice. This
document does not constitute a contract between the incumbent and
Honda Aircraft Company. (FLSA: Exempt) 01/07/13
Honda Aircraft Company, LLC
Keywords: Honda North America, Greensboro , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...