AVP, Human Resources Business Partner
Company: Arch Insurance Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 24, 2022
AVP, Human Resources Business Partner
Arch U.S. MI Services Inc
# of Openings
The AVP, HR Business Partner (HRBP collaborates with all levels of
management to develop, recommend and implement human resource
strategies aligned with business needs that support the achievement
of corporate objectives. The incumbent provides consultative advice
to senior leaders on issues and initiatives, contributing to
employee engagement, talent development, motivation, retention and
optimal productivity. They operate independently on complex
projects and initiatives with far reaching impact, receiving
general guidance from the Head of HR, Global Mortgage Services. May
also be responsible for creating HR policies and processes relevant
to supported business units as well as serving as a liaison on
payroll, benefit and immigration issues. Arch MI is a growing
mortgage insurance company with a strong and global parent - Arch
Capital Group Ltd. If you're interested in joining a dynamic
company and working with a team of motivated, high caliber people,
apply today and come grow with us!
Contributes to the business strategy, serving as consultant and
change agent to help leaders identify and prioritize opportunities
for changes that improve organizational capabilities/efficiencies,
behaviors, structures, and processes. Advises on implementation and
communication plans resulting from organizational changes.
- Provides strategic and operational HR support to supported
business units to include recruiting, onboarding, employee
development and talent management.
- Interfaces with business clients (up through Executive level
officers) to identify new opportunities for HR to add value.
Consults, influences and partners with management on strategic
business/HR initiatives, analyzing trends, patterns and HR
implications of business goals.
- Stays current on laws and regulations in applicable countries
to ensure that HR processes and procedures are compliant. If
needed, creates HR policies and procedures to ensure
- Proactively coaches and influences managers, developing their
people management / leadership skills.
- Investigates and resolves complex employee relations issues and
complaints. Resolves issues applying a systematic approach using
sound judgment and personal influence.
- Partners with HR peers to ensure that HR services are aligned
with internal client needs. Monitors and strives to integrate HR
services within the business unit, communicating and ensuring
compliance and consistency with all HR policies.
- Ensures effective implementation and rollout of HR processes /
programs at the business level, serving as a consultant to the
business units on strategic HR related issues.
- Facilitates talent review and succession planning, highlighting
talent performance issues. Drives consistent and high quality
performance review processes to achieve improved levels of
- Leads workforce planning efforts to achieve business
objectives. Develops staffing plans and recruiting strategies with
management at all levels of the organization.
- Manages complex projects as determined in the annual HR
operational plan and participates in functional and
cross-functional initiatives. May act as backup to the Head of HR,
Global Mortgage Services on some strategic initiatives.
- Develops and delivers relevant, effective training programs to
- Broad expertise and credibility in HR practices, concepts,
trends and issues. Strong knowledge of HR legislative and legal
issues, employment related laws.
- Proven ability to establish themself as a trusted business
partner to key executives.
- General knowledge of performance management, training,
development, workforce planning, diversity and inclusion and
succession planning practices and concepts.
- Substantial business acumen and comprehensive understanding of
the link between HR and business strategy to effectively consult
- High level project management skills; ability to develop
actionable steps and plans that support business strategy and deal
with ambiguity, conflict and uncertainty.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to
leverage data to tell a story.
- High level customer orientation; ability to engage, inspire and
influence employees / management.
- Strong consultative, interpersonal, negotiation, communication
and customer service skills to effectively partner with all levels
of management and deal with employee relations situations.
- Adept at working well with those from varied cultural
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools.
Education & Experience:Required knowledge and skills would
typically be acquired through a Bachelor's degree in business or
related field with 8+ years related experience and SPHR or PHR
certification.Working Conditions/Environment & Physical
- Normal office environment - The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
- Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Hybrid work schedule. 3 days in office and 2 days working
About Our CompanyArch Mortgage Insurance Company is the flagship
U.S.-based mortgage insurer of Arch Capital Group Ltd., a leading
insurance and reinsurance company operating through its
subsidiaries worldwide. Based in Greensboro, North Carolina, our
company is committed to our employees and our customers. Our Total
Rewards package offers competitive pay and valuable benefits. Plus
you'll have access to a variety of programs supporting your
professional development and a culture that encourages innovation,
collaboration and professional growth.#LI-ST1
Keywords: Arch Insurance Group, Inc., Greensboro , AVP, Human Resources Business Partner, Human Resources , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!