Host/Hostess - Seater
Company: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
Get ready for the BEST JOB you ever had!
Do you have a passion for preparing the highest quality food that
is delighting Guests around the world? Are you interested in being
part of a world class team committed to promoting from within and
preparing you for a CAREER? If so, this is your opportunity to join
the Ruth's Chris family and join the company that defined The
American Steak House in 1965 and continues to set the standard for
quality and being a great place to work.
What We Offer: Flexible and predictable scheduling, competitive
pay, significant Team Member discounts, competitive health and
vacation benefits, an inclusive work environment committed to
diversity, structured career development, and growth
What We Ask: Come to work each shift with a great attitude and
ready to contribute to the success of the team, be willing to learn
from your Coach how to excel at your job, and work with us to
create an environment where everyone feels welcome and is able to
experience the Sizzle that is the Ruth's Chris experience.
We are looking forward to talking with you.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Reports to work as indicated on the work schedule and in the
correct uniform. Practices positive personal hygiene and
cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
* Obtains staffing and station assignments for all servers, service
assistants, runners and bar staff from the Manager-on-Duty.
Completes table/station chart with these assignments.
* Correctly completes all opening and side work duties of the
hostess/host at the start of the shift, in a timely manner.
* Assists the Manager-on-Duty in planning reservations and
assigning parties to appropriate tables, stations and/or
* Answers the telephone in a timely, pleasant and courteous manner.
Correctly takes, confirms and documents reservations.
* Immediately recognizes and greets arriving Guests, obtains
Guests' names, provides names to servers and directs guests to the
appropriate waiting areas.
* Escorts Guests to their assigned table, to all Guests.
* Controls the flow of business by practicing rotation seating,
anticipating table turns and following the reservation and seating
* Accurately quotes waiting times to guests and correctly maintains
the "wait" list.
* Informs Manager-on-Duty when waiting times are running over times
quoted to our guests.
* Maintains cleanliness and organization of the hostess/host stand
and lobby area throughout the shift.
* Monitors and enforces social distancing requirements in waiting
areas as dictated by state and local social distancing
* Communicates to the Manager-on-Duty any and all situations where
a Guest may express concern or dissatisfaction with any aspect of
the dining experience.
* Acknowledges all departing guests and invites them to return.
* Answers phone to take orders from Take Out and Delivery
* Takes, records and rings all food and beverage items ordered by
Take Out Guests.
* Receives Take Out orders from Food Runner or kitchen staff,
checks for accuracy, and addresses any inaccuracies.
* Correctly presents the Take Out Guest check and coordinates
payment for all food and beverages sold with Bartender.
* Addresses any Take Out Guest complaints.
* Completes all closing duties in a timely manner.
* Follows all national, state, and local safety, health, and
sanitation guidelines as specified by the restaurant.
* Supports other Front-of-House positions as needed, providing a
seamless Guest experience to all Guests.
* Performs all duties and maintains knowledge of all standards and
procedures, as stated in the RCSH Employee Training Packet -
* Additional duties as assigned.
Guest First Mindset
* Demonstrates a Guest first mindset, placing a high priority on
the Guest experience
* Interacts regularly with Guests, demonstrating a genuine interest
in Guests, and ensuring a superior dining experience for all
* Excellent customer service skills and a strong work ethic
* Ability to diplomatically deal with difficult situations and
people, while exhibiting a consistent level of professionalism
* Handle stress associated with responding to/solving problems
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be
able to stand, walk, talk, and hear for extended periods of time,
at least 8 hours, and traverse all parts of the restaurant
* Ability to read, speak, write, and understand communication in
* Must be able to lift, handle and carry (e.g. trays, small wares
and equipment) at a minimum of 25 pounds
* Must have a good sense of balance, be able to bend, kneel, stoop,
reach and squat on a frequent basis
* Must be able to communicate effectively and listen
* Must be able to continuously use fingers (e.g. to bilaterally
operate the telephone and use point-of-sale equipment)
* Work is performed in a restaurant
* Position involves work on afternoons, nights, weekends, and
holidays, as required
* Must be able to work in an environment subject to loud noises
from restaurant equipment and machinery, fumes, odors, dust and
* Temperature extremes range from working near 1800-degree
Fahrenheit to working in a walk-in freezer of -10 degree
NOTE: The information here does not constitute a contract, express
or implied. The content of this material is not all-inclusive but
is for informational purposes only. Ruth's Chris Steak House is an
Equal Opportunity employer.
Keywords: Ruth's Chris Steak House, Inc., Greensboro , Host/Hostess - Seater, Hospitality & Tourism , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!