Nutrition Services Staff Dietary Aide Cook
Company: Blumenthal Nursing and Rehabilitation
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job Description$500 SIGN-ON BONUS! - SKILLED NURSING
- Job Summary Nutrition Services Staff perform a variety of tasks
usually not requiring cooking skills in the preparation, service,
and clean up for meals served to patients and staff in the nursing
facility and other special events. The primary purpose of this
position is to aid in all food functions as directed/instructed and
in accordance with established food policies and procedures.
- Essential Functions Every effort has been made to make your job
description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states
or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to
perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not
exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or
is a logical assignment to the position. Residents Rights
- Knows and respects patients' rights.
- Ensures protected health information is kept confidential.
- Reports complaints made by patients to supervisor.
- Reports allegations of patient abuse, neglect and/or
misappropriation of patient property. Safety and Sanitation
- Uses standard precautions as outlined in policies and
- Follows established safety policies and procedures.
- Observes safety needs of patients as indicated in care plan.
- Wears and/or uses safety equipment and supplies when indicated
and properly trained to use.
- Demonstrates job-specific knowledge of fire and disaster
preparedness during drills or actual situations.
- Operates, cleans, and stores kitchen equipment in a safe
- Identifies location of SDS for chemicals used. Is familiar with
eye wash station.
- Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to supervisor
- Assist in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and
properly arranged manner at all times.
- Identifies location of SDS for chemicals used and demonstrates
knowledge of SDS sheets and use.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and proper use of eye wash
- Understands and demonstrates proper use of all kitchen
- Follows Safe Serve guidelines.
- Follows all state and local guidelines for food
- Follow established Infection Control policies and procedures
when performing daily tasks. Staff Development
- Attends and participates in scheduled in-service training and
educational classes as mandated by regulatory agencies and company
- Participates in facility committees, as requested.
- Completes assigned Relias training. Food Preparation/Production
- Assists cook as directed by the Director of Nutrition or
Certified Dietary Manager.
- Prepares and labels nourishments according to facility
- Prepares and portions desserts, salads, and other non-entrée
foods into dishes; pours beverages.
- Follows production sheets and pre-preparation sheets or
guidelines when appropriate. Sanitation Responsibilities
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors as assigned.
- Takes trash to the dumpster.
- Washes dishes and silverware according to dishwashing
- Puts clean dishes and silverware away.
- Maintains clean, neat, and orderly work areas free from
hazardous equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assists with cleaning of equipment, dishes, silverware, and
kitchen as assigned.
- Washes pots and pans if assigned.
- Does cleaning assignments.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors when assigned.
- Takes trash to dumpster if assigned.
- Cleans worktables, meat blocks, refrigerators/freezers, etc.
Meal Service Responsibilities
- Sets dining room tables for meals when assigned.
- Works on meal tray serving line. Sets-up before start of meal
service. Breaks down area and cleans-up at end of serving
- Serves meals that are palatable and appetizing in
- Reads and follows tray tickets when serving meals.
- Sets up meal trays, food carts, dining rooms, etc. as
- Serves meal trays to patient and pours beverages for patients
when assigned to dining room.
- Clears tables of dishes and trash.
- Pushes food carts to appropriate patient care areas.
- Prepares and delivers snacks.
- Communicates with patients during mealtimes when serving in
dining areas. Food Safety Responsibilities
- Use safe food handling techniques as identified in facility
policies, HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point) and
state and federal codes and regulations.
- Uses proper hand washing techniques.
- Thaws foods appropriately.
- Stores food using correct packaging and labeling.
- Uses gloves appropriately and changes when required.
- Checks refrigerators and freezers for correct temperatures.
Notifies food service director if problems.
- Follows the cleaning schedule. Does cleaning assignments.
- Cleans the equipment and work area after each use.
- Cools, stores, and reheats cooked foods according to
- Maintains neat, clean, and orderly work areas. Administrative
- Works with Food & Nutrition Services leadership and facility
leadership as necessary to implement recommended changes.
- Ensures that all food procedures are followed in accordance
with established policies.
- Performs any miscellaneous work assignments as may be
- H.S. diploma or G.E.D. minimum to use any machinery.
- Persons ≤ 18-years-old may work as Nutrition Services Staff but
cannot use or handle any kitchen or facility machinery and must
abide by DOL hours limitations.
- Ability to read and understand directions required.
- Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law or
identified in by any registry, regulatory, or licensing body of
abusing, neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care
related setting are ineligible for employment in the position.
- Not required but preferred. On-the-job training provided.
- Physical Demands
- Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying
of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Stooping, standing, walking,
smelling, color vision, reaching, handling, fingering, and pushing.
Powered by JazzHRagVcylCaCC
Keywords: Blumenthal Nursing and Rehabilitation, Greensboro , Nutrition Services Staff Dietary Aide Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!