Wound Care RN
Company: SAVA SENIOR CARE
Posted on: September 14, 2018
The Wound Care Nurse is responsible for assessing skin alterations, developing plans of care, implementing orders and treatments, and evaluating progress of specialized skin and wound conditions. The Wound Care Nurse evaluates new admissions, participates in weekly wound team rounds, documents status, insures notification of physician and family of changes, and provides education to nursing staff. The Wound Care Nurse identifies wound types, analyzes trends, which will ensure that patient's needs are met in accordance with professional standards of practice through physician orders, center policies and procedures, and federal, state and local guidelines. Wound care certification is preferred. Prior wound care experience is required.
- Assesses patients by physical examination including pertinent diagnostic testing to determine health status.
- Administers medications and treatments.
- Participates in the care planning process and oversees implementation of the plan.
- Supervises LPNs and nursing assistants.
- Communicates with physicians regarding changes in conditions, diagnostic test results, etc.
- Documents assessments and care in compliance with standards of care and company policy.
- Educates patients and their families on health-related issues.
- Conduct comprehensive wound consultations including; detailed wound assessments and recommendations for interventions and care planning.
- Conduct wound assessments for resident and complete all associated documentation, tracking and care planning activities.
- Ongoing monitoring of all assigned resident with wounds.
- Assess resident/caregivers knowledge of wound prevention and treatment. Provide resident/ caregiver with wound prevention / treatment education as needed. ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing.
- Valid State licensure as an RN.
- Current CPR certification.
About this Organization
We focus on people. Our residents. Their lives. Their health. Their families. We are one of the largest providers of short-term and long-term health care services in the United States. Through our affiliated entities, services are provided through skilled nursing facilities in 21 states. The commitment is to provide compassionate, family oriented short-term and long-term care. Our affiliated entities focus on individualized care that respects the dignity and rights of the residents. The aim is to care for every resident the way we would care for our family members. We strive to provide residents with services designed to achieve quality care and quality of life. To reach these outcomes we subscribe to quality treatment with a combination of "caring and curing". Select facilities provide Intravenous Therapy Services, Respiratory Therapy Services, Dementia Services and all facilities provide Rehabilitation Services.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Keywords: SAVA SENIOR CARE, Greensboro , Wound Care RN, Healthcare , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!