Medical Assistant I Certified, Mayodan NC
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Description Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Medical Assistant I, Certified provides routine clinical and administrative support to providers and other health care team members in an outpatient clinic setting. The Medical Assistant I, Certified works under the clinical supervision of the provider for patient care activities, and under the general direction of the designated manager/supervisor for non-clinical responsibilities.Responsibilities:
1. Performs rooming and/or intake process, collecting and data, including vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient's reason for visit.
2. Collects patient and family data, including medical and social history.
3. Reviews patient's current medication list, allergies and preferred pharmacy.
4. Assists the provider as directed, during treatments, examinations and procedures.
5. Collects specimens and performs phlebotomy.
6. Administers medications under the direction of a provider.
7. Performs tests, for examples EKG, eye exams, under the direction of a provider.
8. Reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires any routine health screenings.
9. Ensures exam/procedure room contains appropriate supplies, equipment, forms and educational materials are available and ready for use during visit/procedure.
10. Provides patient with after-visit, follow-up, self-care or procedural instructions and/or educational materials as directed.
11. Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment rooms.
12. Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
13. Assists with patient registration, check in/check out, appointment scheduling, and scheduling of tests and treatments, and referrals.
14. Answers clinic telephone and assists in-basket under the direction of a provider or nurse.
15. Assists in emergency situations as directed by a provider or nurse.
Other InformationEducation Requirements:
* Requires high school diploma or GED.
* Completion of a Medical Assisting program accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accreditation Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) is strongly preferred but not required.
* Requires Medical Assistant certification by either the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), National Health Career Association (CCMA), National Association of Health Professionals (NRCMA), or National Center for Competency Testing (NCMA).
* Basic Life Support Certification from American Heart Association required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
* Prior medical assistant or medical assistant externship experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
* Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above.
* Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
* Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
* Ability to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Urgent Care - W Rockingham Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of Job: US:NC:MayodanExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by UNC Physicians Network Group Practices, a private, for-profit subsidiary of UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [emailprotected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Greensboro , Medical Assistant I Certified, Mayodan NC, Healthcare , Mayodan, North Carolina
here to apply!