Nursing Assistant I - Med/Surg
Company: UNC Health Care
Location: Siler City
Posted on: May 13, 2022
DescriptionBecome part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
Provides routine direct and indirect patient care in a hospital,
clinic or home health care setting. All work performed is under the
direct supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
1. Assist physicians and other health care providers with routine
examinations and procedures, as well as procurement of equipment
and supplies during emergency situations.
2. In the psychiatric setting, aids patients in reality
orientation, participates in behavior modification plans/therapy,
provides informal support therapy to patients/families, provides
verbal de-escalation of potentially aggressive patients, aids in
the physical management of aggressive/out-of-control patients,
facilitates age appropriate play for children, and monitors the
therapeutic milieu activities on assigned unit to ensure that
emotional and safety needs of patients are met.
3. Observes, collects, and documents patient information obtained
while providing care and promptly report significant changes in the
patient's condition to a registered nurse or physician.
4. Provides assistance to patients and their families during
admission to the clinical area, orientation to the
hospital/clinic/home health experience, and discharge
5. Provides care/ treatments to patients as outlined in plan of
care including, but not limited to, the measurement of vital signs,
height and weight, specimen collection, skin preps/scrubs, catheter
care, capillary blood glucose checks, simple wound care, range of
motion exercises, postural drainage, and supportive 11 patient and
6. Provides direct personal care to patients as outlined in plan of
care for routine activities of daily living such as bathing,
dressing, feeding and assisting with ambulation.
7. Provides indirect care to patients and assigned area to include,
but not limited to, cleaning the work area, changing linens,
re-stocking supplies, cleaning/sterilizing instruments,
transporting patients/ supplies/ specimens, assisting in the
orientation of new employees and students, and some routine
8. Reinforces routine teaching given to patients by the registered
nurse or physician and document patient understanding of
instructions. Distributes patient education materials at the
request of patients and/or health care providers.
Other InformationOther information:
- High School diploma or GEDLicensure/Certification
- Listed as Nursing Assistant I with the North Carolina
Department of Health and Human Services.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider
certificationProfessional Experience Requirements:
- Six (6) months of relevant nursing assistant experience, which
may include a nursing assistant courseKnowledge/Skills/and
- Fluent in verbal and written English language and able to
develop basic computer skills.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Med/SurgWork Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00Work Schedule: RotatingLocation of
Job: US:NC:Siler CityExempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Greensboro , Nursing Assistant I - Med/Surg, Healthcare , Siler City, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!