Student Nurse Tech
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Greensboro
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Overview:Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Student Nurse Tech
*This position requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing
school and must provide proof of completion of the first
year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).*
At Select Specialty/Regency Hospitals, a division of Select
Medical, we care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU
patients who require extended hospital care. Select Medical employs
over 48,000 people across the country and provides quality care to
approximately 70,000 patients each and every day across our four
Our mission is to provide an exceptional patient care experience
that promotes healing and recovery in a compassionate environment.
Each employee plays a vital role in doing that by living our
cultural behaviors - celebrating success, owning the future, being
patient-centered, creating change, thinking first and building
Do you love the challenge of working with medically complex
patients? Are you passionate about delivering an excellent patient
experience? If you answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with
Responsibilities:We are looking for valued employees who will be
Champions of the Select Medical Way, which includes putting the
patient first, helping to improve quality of life for the community
in which you live and work, continuing to develop and explore new
ideas, providing high-quality care and doing well by doing what is
In this role, you will provided basic patient care and may perform
specific procedures as outlined by the facility under the direct
supervision of a Registered Nurse. You will perform procedures and
collect and document demographic and patient data.
- Obtaining vital signs, height, weight and demographic
- Assisting patients with personal and daily care, such as
bathing (bed bath, chair at sink, tub and shower), oral hygiene,
shaving and hair care.
- Assisting with urinary catheter removal, finger stick blood
sugars, routine urine and stool specimen collection, ostomy care,
emptying drainage receptacles/tubes, bladder scan.
- Removing peripheral IV's as directed by RN (may not remove any
IV's located in antecubital fossa or higher).
- Delivering meals and snacks, feeding patients who are unable to
feed themselves and documenting oral intake, including
- Turning and positioning immobile patients safely while
maintaining proper body alignment; participating in mobility
- Answering patient call lights and performing services that add
to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Transportation of the patients to designated areas, such as to
and from various treatment centers.Qualifications:You will
demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each
patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are
passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an
inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic environment.
- This position requires current enrollment in an accredited
nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first
year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures and
aseptic practices is required.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively,
both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal
instructions, and to maintain effective working relations with
others including patients, families, physicians and other hospital
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start
date.Additional Data:Select Medical strives to provide our
employees with a solid work-life balance, as we understand that
happy employees have both fulfilling careers and fulfilling lives
beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech
language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in
regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.We'd love for you to join the
Select Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects
diversity at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees
are treated during employment without regard to race, color,
religion, national origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, ancestry, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected under applicable law.
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Greensboro, Greensboro , Student Nurse Tech, Healthcare , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!