Student Nurse Tech Virtual Event! 12/2/21
Company: Select Specialty Hospital - Greensboro
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview:Student Nurse Tech Virtual Hiring EventREGISTER HERE
for our virtual event to learn more about nursing in our Critical
Care Hospitals and schedule onsite interivews.Select Medical
strives to provide our employees with a solid work-life balance, as
we understand that happy employees have both fulfilling careers and
fulfilling lives beyond our doors.
- The opportunity to care for complex, critically ill
- Work jointly with an interdisciplinary team, consisting of
registered nurses, physical and occupational therapists, speech
language pathologists and physicians to assist patients in
regaining their independence.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and their
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Extended Illness Days (EID).
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance; Life insurance;
- A 401(k) retirement plan with company match.
- Short and Long Term Disability.
- Personal and Family Medical Leave.At Select Specialty/Regency
Hospitals, a division of Select Medical, we care for chronically
and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended
hospital care. Select Medical employs over 48,000 people across the
country and provides quality care to approximately 70,000 patients
each and every day across our four divisions.Our mission is to
provide an exceptional patient care experience that promotes
healing and recovery in a compassionate environment. Each employee
plays a vital role in doing that by living our cultural behaviors -
celebrating success, owning the future, being patient-centered,
creating change, thinking first and building trust.Do you love the
challenge of working with medically complex patients? Are you
passionate about delivering an excellent patient experience? If you
answered 'yes', consider an opportunity with us!*This position
requires current enrollment in an accredited nursing school and
must provide proof of completion of the first year/fundamentals of
nursing, (or equivalent).*Responsibilities:We are looking for
valued employees who will be Champions of the Select Medical Way,
which includes putting the patient first, helping to improve
quality of life for the community in which you live and work,
continuing to develop and explore new ideas, providing high-quality
care and doing well by doing what is right.In this role, you will
provided basic patient care and may perform specific procedures as
outlined by the facility under the direct supervision of a
Registered Nurse. You will perform procedures and collect and
document demographic and patient data.
- Obtaining vital signs, height, weight and demographic
- Assisting patients with personal and daily care, such as
bathing (bed bath, chair at sink, tub and shower), oral hygiene,
shaving and hair care.
- Assisting with urinary catheter removal, finger stick blood
sugars, routine urine and stool specimen collection, ostomy care,
emptying drainage receptacles/tubes, bladder scan.
- Removing peripheral IV's as directed by RN (may not remove any
IV's located in antecubital fossa or higher).
- Delivering meals and snacks, feeding patients who are unable to
feed themselves and documenting oral intake, including
- Turning and positioning immobile patients safely while
maintaining proper body alignment; participating in mobility
- Answering patient call lights and performing services that add
to the physical well-being of the patient.
- Transportation of the patients to designated areas, such as to
and from various treatment centers.Qualifications:You will
demonstrate an understanding of patient needs, ensuring that each
patient feels informed and understood, as well as heard. You are
passionate about providing superior quality care and you are an
inventive problem solver who thrives in a dynamic
- This position requires current enrollment in an accredited
nursing school and must provide proof of completion of the first
year/fundamentals of nursing, (or equivalent).
- Knowledge of basic nursing techniques and procedures and
aseptic practices is required.
- This position requires the ability to communicate effectively,
both verbally and in writing, to follow written and verbal
instructions, and to maintain effective working relations with
others including patients, families, physicians and other hospital
- Possess a Basic Life Support (BLS) certification by start
date.Additional Data:We'd love for you to join the team!Select
Medical is committed to having a workforce that reflects diversity
at all levels and is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified
applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated
during employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, citizenship, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable
Keywords: Select Specialty Hospital - Greensboro, Greensboro , Student Nurse Tech Virtual Event! 12/2/21, Healthcare , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!