Merchandising Director, Living Room
Company: Caracole Home
Posted on: September 15, 2023
CompanyCaracole is a renowned leader in the luxury furniture and
home dcor industry, known for our innovative designs and commitment
to quality craftsmanship.Caracole is part of the Vivet Inc.
portfolio of luxury furniture brands that include A.R.T., Caracole,
Jonathan Charles, and Rowe Furniture. The company is based in High
Point & Greensboro NC.Position SummaryThe Merchandising Director
will play a pivotal role in driving the product assortment strategy
and inventory management. The position will report to the EVP of
Merchandising and will lead merchandising analysis and work
collaboratively with cross-functional departments to achieve
Caracoles business objectives. The Merchandising Director will
develop merchandising plans and pricing structure. Design of
operational systems to achieve financial objectives to deliver
assortments that meet customer and distribution needs will be a key
priority. The role requires the utilization of sales and trend
analytics to develop strategies for a variety of merchandise
categories to optimize product assortments. The analysis will
support the development of strategies for new merchandise
categories and optimize product sales.Job Responsibilities
- Merchandising Strategy: Collaborate with the EVP of
Merchandising to develop and execute a comprehensive merchandising
strategy that aligns with the company's vision, market trends, and
- Product Creation: Develop, curate, and manage a diverse and
high-quality product assortment that reflects Caracole's brand
identity, resonates with our target audience and drives sales
- Inventory Management: Oversee inventory planning, allocation,
and replenishment to optimize stock levels, minimize stock-outs,
and reduce excess inventory.
- Price Optimization: Analyze pricing strategies, implement
pricing adjustments, and monitor market dynamics to maximize
profitability while maintaining our luxury positioning.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and develop high-performing
merchandising analysts while fostering a culture of creativity,
collaboration, and excellence.
- Data Analysis: Utilize data-driven insights to make informed
decisions, track key performance metrics, and identify
opportunities for improvement.
- Market Research: Stay abreast of industry trends, consumer
behavior, and competitive landscape to adapt strategies and
capitalize on emerging opportunities.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate closely with
marketing, sales, operations, and design teams to ensure seamless
execution of merchandising strategies and promotional
- Budget Management: Manage the merchandising budget effectively
to ensure efficient resource allocation and cost control.Required
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelors degree in business administration, Merchandising, or
a related field (masters degree preferred).
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience in merchandising,
with two (2) years in a leadership role.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing strategic
- Exceptional leadership, team management, and interpersonal
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Effective negotiation skills
- Proficiency in using merchandising software and data analysis
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Results-oriented mindset with a focus on achieving revenue and
margin targets.Other requirements
- On-site in Greensboro & High Point, NCDirect Reports
Keywords: Caracole Home, Greensboro , Merchandising Director, Living Room, Executive , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!