Posted on: September 24, 2022
State: North Carolina
Hospital Name: PetSuites Greensboro
Job Type: Pet Resort Management
Employment Type: Permanent
Description & Requirements
PetSuites in Greensboro, NC is looking for an experienced Resort
Manager to join our team.
PetSuites is an upscale Pet Resort and Spa featuring boarding,
daycare, and grooming services to dogs and cats. Our focus is
always treating pets (and our people, be they clients or employees)
as we would want to be treated. We are a bustling pet resort that
offers many of the comforts of home as well as the ability to
customize each pet's stay to best accommodate his/her needs. It is
our goal to be THE vacation destination for pets in the Greensboro
area. Our PetSpa offers a complete menu of grooming and bathing
services for both dogs and cats, and we offer doggy daycare 7 days
PetSuites is an industry leader with over 16 years of experience.
We are a growing company that is founded on the principles of
treating pets and their people well. We offer a unique work
environment and competitive compensation.
This position includes a flexible schedule with the ability to work
4 (10 hour) days, many weekends, and holidays IS A MUST. This
position includes both the management of, and hands on involvement
in the pet care, customer service, and grooming departments. Some
relocation costs may be paid by PetSuites.
Some responsibilities of this position include:
- Human Resources including employee retention,
hiring/termination, payroll, employee evaluations, corrective
- Promoting and providing exceptional customer service for both
pet owners and their pets.
- Management of overall day-to-day operations of a busy,
successful pet resort including maintenance, upkeep, organization,
and cleanliness of the resort.
- Scheduling for 30+ employees, resort inventory, control/supply
- Creating and maintaining resort budget.
For more information, please visit www.petsuitesofamerica.com .
ABOUT THE RESORT
- Overnight and long term boarding for dogs and cats.
- Doggy daycare 7 days a week.
- Full service Pet spa including grooming and bathing for
- Customized playtimes for all personalities.
- Hours of operation 6:30am-8pm Monday-Sunday.
- PetSuites uses top of the line cleaning equipment. Smelling is
A Resort Manager (RM) is a leader and an integral member of the
Resort management team. The Resort Manager reports to either the
General Manager, or Senior General Manager, and together they
provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and
managing costs. The Resort Manager must maintain an exceptional
level of customer service by developing strong Shift Leads and Team
Members while leading and creating a resort culture based on
Servant Leadership, high quality guest/pet care, and exceptional
customer service for our internal and external customers.
Based in Greater Los Angeles, National Veterinary Associates
("NVA") is the largest private owner of freestanding veterinary
hospitals and pet resorts in North America, with 700+ companion
animal veterinary hospitals and pet resort locations.
NVA has grown rapidly over its history and continues to
aggressively execute its growth plans via a combination of
acquisition, new resort and same-store initiatives. NVA's pet
resorts business line competes in an $8+ billion industry that has
grown over 5% year over year since 2015. As of 2019 over 67% of US
households have a pet; industry growth has benefitted from the
trends towards humanization of pets and demand for premium/luxury
offerings in the animal care and goods space.
- Understands and communicates the companies' mission, values,
- Provides the direction, leadership and communication necessary
to achieve sales results and operating plan goals for the site.
Ensures the General Manager and yourself are communicating the same
message and that the Shift Leads provide the same to the resort
- Assists General Manager in creating a plan to drive and achieve
resort quantitative objectives including: sales, labor, cost of
goods sold and expense management.
- Communicates all shift issues, concerns and needs to the
General Manager or Market Leader.
- Responsible for executing the operational excellence plan
within their resort.
- Responds to directives in an accurate and timely manner and
ensures the same compliance of the resort team. Acts as a champion
- Recognizes and rewards outstanding performance of resort team
- Demonstrates exceptional leadership behaviors
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strives for the ultimate in resort customer service experiences
and impressions. Maintain excellent customer service metrics such
as NPS, Google Reviews, Callbox scores.
- Ensures site has adequate shift coverage at all times, while
adhering to scheduling and labor guidelines.
- Oversees the recruiting, hiring and training practices to
ensure quality of resort staff.
- Train resort teams to successfully handle service issues and
intervenes when necessary.
- Motivates and mentors team members on providing the best pet
parent experience through all stages of their journey to establish
trust, create deliver and evaluate their experience.
- Educate and engage the community and resort customers on all of
companies' products and services.
- Adheres to and has knowledge of all company policies and
- Performs quality checks/reviews of client files. Monitors
computer systems and resolves technical issues with key partners.
Can help oversee employee benefits and/or insurance plans.
- Executes the plan to drive revenue, labor management, and
- Maintains impeccable standards concerning resort maintenance,
cleanliness and inventory.
- Regulates the ordering of inventory in a timely and cost
- Coaches, counsels and directs Team Members. Lead the team in
the execution of company standards through the NVA Pet Resort
values to create an excellent customer experience. Provide
performance feedback to Team Members.
- Leads and manage shifts while acting as manager in charge of
resort. Determine business demands and make necessary staffing
decisions in accordance with the site labor plans.
- Communicates clearly, concisely and accurately in order to
ensure effective shift operations and the overall operations of the
- Follows all OSHA, cash handling and operations procedures and
policies and ensure that resort team members are in
- Ensures that all team members have mastered the resort
tasks/positions, meeting the company operating standards.
- Drives action plan for hot spot management and resort level
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- Responsible for the selection, development and performance of
subordinate leads and all other site team members.
- Train and on-board new Team Members and Shift Managers on both
front- and back-of-house procedures.
- Manages team performance through consistent feedback up to and
including corrective action.
- Recruit and maintain a pipeline of qualified team members to
meet the resort operation's needs.
- Creates a culture of engagement by addressing team member
concerns in a timely manner.
- Assists General Manager with tasks such as payroll and employee
- Assists the General Manager in creating and driving a resort
plan that supports the execution of regional and company
initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business
results. Follow up consistently to ensure accountability to
- Utilize financial tools and analyzes financial reports to
identify and address trends and issues in sales and performance.
This includes reconciling previous day's receipts, monitoring petty
cash, assisting in inventory, ordering and cost control
- Executes any corporate marketing plans, creates, and implements
local market plans for marketing.
- Provides the direction and communication necessary to achieve
sales results and site operating plan goals in partnership with the
- Possess expert knowledge of the resort market area and the
community. Engage and educate the community and the market area on
company customer value proposition.
- Analyzes financial data to build on strengths, support weak
areas and note any unusual occurrences. Trains Shift Managers in
recognizing and influencing their business by understanding
financial reports and acting on the knowledge. Ensures that all
productivity numbers, sales and budgets are consistently met.
- Projects a professional image to resort team, clients, support
center team and supervisors through dress code, demeanor and
- Move throughout the resort for extended periods (up to 10-12
hours per day).
- Move 50 lbs. for distances of up to 10 feet.
- Balance and move up to 25 lbs. for distances of up to 50
- Understand and respond to team member and guest's requests in a
- Perform basic math, understand finances, and cost
- Bend, stoop, and reach in order to run and load dogs/cats,
serve customers, and clean the resort.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands and fingers to
handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and
arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or
hear; taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by the job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
As a Resort Manager with Pet Resorts, you must possess excellent
written, verbal and hands-on employee management skills. Our ideal
Resort Manager is an enthusiastic animal lover, a brand ambassador
with a vested interest in the community. The Resort Manager should
possess a commitment to personal development and an interest in
learning about business operations, developing people, and driving
revenue. You must be able to influence the direction of your
resort, initiate community outreach through marketing and special
events and drive superb customer satisfaction metrics.
Additional requirements for the Resort Manager include:
- High school degree or equivalent required; Desired: Bachelor's
degree equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 2-4 years of customer service experience. Leading is a
- Availability to work up to 45-50 hours per week including
holidays, evenings and weekends.
- Ability to drive and manage/influence workplace change.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and point of sale
- Comfortable working in front of house and back of house roles
within the resort.
- Valid Driver's License, current insurance that includes
comprehensive, collision coverage, and a vehicle you are willing to
transport a pet in during an emergency.
- Restaurant management, retail management, veterinary
management/experience and/or hospitality experience preferred.
- Bilingual skills a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to
all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status
as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.
Keywords: NVA, Greensboro , Resort Manager, Executive , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!