Director of External and Executive Communications
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Reynolds American is evolving at pace - truly like no other
organization. To achieve the ambition, we have set for ourselves,
we are looking for colleagues who are ready to live our ethos every
day. Come be a part of this journey!WE ARE LOOKING FOR A Director
of External and Executive CommunicationsSENIORITY LEVEL: Senior
LevelFUNCTION: Business Communication & Sustainability
(BC&S)LOCATION: Winston Salem, NC ROLE POSITIONING AND
OBJECTIVESReports toSenior Director of Communications Number of
Direct Reports N/A Core RelationshipsInternal YesExternal Local
media, thought leaders Geographic Scope DRBU Travel Required10%
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOUNTABLE FOR
- Serve as a strategic partner and advisor to the business
leadership team, leveraging communications expertise, business
acumen and interpersonal skills to design and deliver external
communication programs that are aligned to Reynolds reputational
- Plan proactive strategy and tactics for external communications
designed to elevate the companys reputation among key
- With Senior Director of External Affairs, drive thought
leadership/speaking engagements, issues management, proactive media
engagements and leader communications in support of the overall
- Develop and advance executive communications platforms. Coach
executives and subject matter experts on media interview skills and
presentations to help them be more effective communicators (both
messaging and delivery).
- Serve on internal cross-functional teams related to topics such
as regulatory and commercial milestones.
- Partner with BC&S colleagues to collaborate on key events
and data milestones including scientific and industry conferences,
- Serve as a media spokesperson for milestones and proactively
build media relationships on behalf of Reynolds.
- Partner with colleagues to develop updated company narrative
and messaging and internal rollout.
- Draft and update communications materials, including Q&As,
press releases, fact sheets, interview briefs, key talking points
and presentations; manage internal approval process for such
materials.CAN THIS BE YOUR FUTURE ROLE?
- Do you have 7-10 years of experience in external communications
or external visibility, working directly with subject matter
experts or senior executives?
- Do you have working experience in corporate social media and/or
media relations experience? ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND
- MA/MS with 10 years of experience OR
- BA/BS with 15 years of experience
- Working experience in journalism, at a highly regulated
company, or public relations agency preferred.Technical /
Functional / Leadership Skills Required
- Corporate communications technical experience (drafting a press
release or media announcement)
- External messaging and writing experience for an executive
Education / Qualifications / Certifications Required
- Bachelors degree in Journalism, Public Relations,
Communications, or a related field. BENEFICIAL
- Experience engaging with senior executives to provide counsel
and coaching around communications strategy, media and external
- Proven, relevant 10-12+ years experience, which includes
responsibility corporate or crisis communications, including
experience with social and digital channels. Experience managing
agency and internal resources and working in a matrixed environment
- Strong collaborator with the ability to build relationships and
manage projects across time zones and cross-functionally.
- Ability to influence and provide strategic direction to
internal stakeholders, business partners and peers.
- Knowledge of communications and regulations applicable to a
publicly traded FDA regulated company.
- Understanding of policy and geopolitical dynamics relevant to
global consumer goods industry.
- Ability to understand and communicate complex science and
Keywords: Reynolds, Greensboro , Director of External and Executive Communications, Executive , Summerfield, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!