CIS Program Director
Company: ECPI University
Posted on: June 22, 2022
ECPI University is seeking a leader in Computer Information
Science (CIS) to oversee the CIS program to include instruction,
curriculum, student success, expenses, enforcement of policies and
procedures, scheduling of classes, and accreditation standards in
order to maintain quality education which meets state and federal
requirements and ECPI University guidelines.Students
- Classroom instruction.
- Creates and maintains an environment conducive to learning;
employs instructional technology and active learning approaches in
order to enhance the learning experience.
- Oversees the academic progression and graduation of
- Participates in the academic advisement and counseling of
- Provides opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of
curriculum, teaching and program effectiveness.
- Identifies opportunities for student participation in
professional organizations including student competitions.Program
- Evaluates program performance using a variety of assessments
- Maintains and submits accurate program records according to
- Coordinates the development, implementation, evaluation and
revision of program curricula, text books and course content in
accordance with program standards, institutional needs and changing
needs of employers.
- Works with Campus President to ensure schedules are efficient
- Participates in scheduled in-service activities to include, but
not limited to, training, open houses, orientations, faculty
meetings, committees, conferences, and graduation/student awards
- Assists in the recruitment, hiring, onboarding and evaluation
- Conducts regular faculty meetings and in-services.
- Reviews end-of-course evaluations of faculty at the end of each
- Ensures faculty are current in licensure, certification and
professional developmentProfessional Development
- Stays current in subject matter through professional
- Commits to ongoing professional development; ensures program
faculty remain current in trends, issues and practices in the
field, as well as effective teaching strategies and assessment
- Master's degree in Computer Information Science or a Master's
degree with 18 graduate semester hours in the discipline from a
regionally accredited educational institution; Ph.D. in Computer
Information Science preferred.
- CISSP, CEH, CHFI certifications highly desirable. -
- 3-5 years industry experience required; 10-15 years career
-industry experience preferred.
- 2 years teaching or presentation experience a plus -
- Technical skills - Networking, Windows 2012 and above, Linux,
Cisco routers and switches.
- SANS/Storage administration, VMWare technologies, and VDI
technologies, such as Citrix, is a plus.
- Strong academic and professional record.
- Strong active-learning skills for effective instruction.
- Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning
- The highest levels of integrity at all times.
- Orientation toward results.
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, verbal and written
- LMS experience a plus.ECPI University, with campuses in
Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida and Online, is a
recognized leader in awarding STEM+H degrees through innovative
delivery of education to meet the needs of military and
new-traditional students. ECPI University offers Master's,
Bachelor's, and Associate's degrees, and certification training in
Technology, Health Science, Business, Criminal Justice and Culinary
Arts. For over 50 years, ECPI University has been helping students
achieve their educational and career goals in a hands-on,
student-centered environment, while working collaboratively with
employers to ensure our graduates have the knowledge and skills
they need to be successful. Growth at our university creates the
need for dynamic, caring professionals who are dedicated to making
a difference in people's lives. -What does ECPI University have to
offer? --- A focus on students and academic excellence --- Small
class sizes --- Professional work environment --- Talented and
committed co-workers --- An adult-focused accelerated schedule ---
An opportunity to make a difference while expanding your knowledge,
skills and professional network --- Competitive compensation &
benefits planECPI University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: ECPI University, Greensboro , CIS Program Director, Executive , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!