Director Foundation & Grants - RHC Foundation
Company: UNC Health Care
Posted on: May 15, 2022
DescriptionBecome part of an inclusive organization with over
40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health
and well-being of the unique communities we serve.Summary:
The Director Foundation/Grants is responsible for the management of
the Foundation and its activities to attract and administer
charitable contributions for the support, enrichment, and endowment
of the hospital. This position identifies funding sources, plans
and executes fundraising programs, and maintains appropriate
documentation. Plans and recruits volunteers to hold special events
designed to raise funds (ie. Annual Golf Tournament, etc.) The
position also is responsible for identifying, completing
applications and reviewing proposals for grant
Identify, establish, and maintain positive contact with potential
major, individual, and corporate donors using appropriate
committees and volunteers of the Foundation; establishes,
maintains, and expands mailing list of past donors and future
- Develops ideas to attract planned gifts and cultivate potential
donors; maintains active memorial gift program; identifies
potential grant sources and assists in grant writing.
- Oversees identification, solicitation, orientation of
foundation board members and volunteers; works with foundation
board chair and hospital CEO to provide leadership to organize
structure and function of the board to create active participation;
conducts appropriate educational programs and planning retreats for
the foundation board and committees.
- Develops procedures that will ensure the proper receiving,
documentation, and accountability of all contributions received;
ensures appropriate donor recognition is accomplished; develops and
maintains historical profiles of all contributors, analyzes
contributions and historical giving patterns.
- Prepares a "case for support" for use in communications;
actively pursues speaking engagements to communicate and raise
awareness of the Foundation's mission and solicits support for
current capital needs and endowments funds; develops appropriate
promotional materials with assistance from hospital marketing;
publishes periodic letter to communicate foundation activities in
the community; coordinates public relations efforts using all
appropriate media to maximize the foundation's exposure.
- Coordinates all fundraising projects of the Auxiliary and
collects all monies owed to them by employees through payroll
- Completes accurate and timely grant applications to benefactors
as measured by grant proposal review.
- Demonstrates superior persuasive writing skills and appropriate
marketing of the research proposal as measured by the funding of
- Possess superior internet research skills as measured by
identifying grant opportunities in multiple and non traditional
- Establishes contact and rapport with multiple funding agencies
as demonstrated by the number of grant proposals generated from
RFPs and department expectations.
- Assist with fundraising projects and perform other assignments,
- Consults with other department personnel as to how to obtain a
funding sources as measured by customer feedback.
Other InformationOther information:
- Bachelor's Degree in a related fieldLicensure/Certification
- NoneProfessional Experience Requirements:
- Requires minimum of two years in fundraising, public relations,
healthcare administration or grant writing.Knowledge/Skills/and
- Proficiency of computer systems and software, writing and
editing skills, internet skills, knowledge of Federal Regulations
in grant submission.
Job DetailsLegal Employer: NCHEALTHEntity: UNC Rockingham Health
Organization Unit: RHC FoundationWork Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00Work Schedule: Day JobLocation of
Job: US:NC:EdenExempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Keywords: UNC Health Care, Greensboro , Director Foundation & Grants - RHC Foundation, Executive , Stokesdale, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!