Manager Engineering and Maintenance
Company: Hanes Brands
Posted on: January 12, 2021
This position is primarily aligned to a distribution center or
facility to lead Engineering, Maintenance and Special projects. To
provide leadership and direction to facility maintenance team to
preform daily upkeep and preventative maintenance of all facility
and production equipment. Lead and/or assist with projects that
include but are not limited to facility design and facility start
up, redesign of existing processes, maximizing work space,
implementation of work flow best practice, evaluation and
implementation of labor management systems, evaluation of future
state-capital equipment and process redesign.
- Configuration, Programming and troubleshooting of Allen Bradley
PLCs, HMIs, and Variable frequency drives
- Review and comprehend project instructions, manuals and
blueprints to ascertain specifications, procedures, objectives,
nature of technical problem, and possible solutions
- Making sure projects meet electrical and construction safety
regulations - lead maintenance in troubleshooting, repairs, and
training, and provide engineering information by answering
questions and requests
- On call status is required when needed, during times of
emergencies or adverse conditions. This position will be
responsible for overseeing all maintenance activities on the
production floor. This role will be responsible for scheduling,
directing, and training maintenance personnel. This is a hands-on
position with all maintenance staff reporting to this person, so
communication is a big part of this role and being versatile in
- Provides daily direction to maintenance staff and oversees
projects as needed. Supervises and/or oversees preventive
maintenance program on all DC equipment. Troubleshoots problems in
mechanical or other facilities systems. Manage and install capital
projects as well as any small projects to support the
- In support of a continuous improvement culture, develop
projects and processes to improve the throughput and cost of the
facility. Project Manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Responsible for, but not limited to, the following aspects of
assigned projects: financials, schedules, vendor coordination,
implementation, team updates, problem solving, resources and
services, data analysis, and reports.
- Manages all aspects of DC Environmental and/or Safety programs
and processes, including but not limited to - DC Safety Data
Sheets, Chemical Compliance program, Lock Out/Tag out processes,
equipment PM and all aspects of safety related to
mechanical/maintenance processes and equipment.
- Manages compliance and serves as GSS subject matter expert
during GSS audits or independent audits conducted by OSHA and/or
any other regulatory/investigatory agencies.
- Develops and manages effective relationship with contractors
and consultants to assure effective and efficient operations of
facility's mechanical/equipment systems with goal of no "down time"
other than planned PM or retrofit time.
- Facility and/or system-specific equipment long range planning
including research and analysis on both current equipment as well
as researching new technology for implementation in existing
operations that will effectively achieve operational
goals/requirements. Activities result in the development of capital
expenditure recommendations. Education/Experience:
- Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering or related field is
- A bachelor's prepared individual with 5 years Hanesbrands
Industrial Engineering experience or in lieu of degree comparable
distribution engineering experience could qualify for this
- 6 Sigma Blackbelt, LEAN, Industrial Engineering Professional
Skills Certification or other relevant certifications.
- Minimum 5 years experience required 7 years preferred Skills:
- Must have formalized education in an engineering or comparable
field; must be subject matter expert in process improvement
strategies including LEAN, Six Sigma and/or ISO.
- Must have minimum five years professional experience in
- Must be an effective and focused project manager. Working
knowledge of CAD and similar technology and software as well as
Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with automation technologies specific to material
handling systems in a distribution environment is critical.
Competencies and Behaviors:
- Must have a keen attention to detail, demonstrate a logical and
methodical approach to assessment and analysis of systems and
- Must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of
corporate team members.
- Must be skilled in the use of persuasion and the facilitation
- Must be collaborative, an out-of-the-box thinker and
demonstrate a high level of confidentiality and integrity. To
qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the
United States and should not require now, or in the future,
sponsorship for employment visa status EOE/AA:
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled Only applicants requiring
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring
process should contact us directly: Telephone: Email:
Keywords: Hanes Brands, Greensboro , Manager Engineering and Maintenance, Executive , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!