Company: Faro Technologies
Posted on: October 19, 2020
FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products
that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and
imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ
stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
We are looking for an Account Manager who will Perform functions to
provide on-site and/or web-based demonstrations, generate revenues,
and identify additional sales opportunities for the assigned line
of the Company s products.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to
reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by
offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training
opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes
through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a
friendly work environment.
* An open mind for new ideas and methodologies
* Leading edge technology
* A dynamic team of engineering, sales and marketing professionals
to work with
* Ideally you will have a Bachelor of Science degree in a technical
field such as engineering, physics or math, or equivalent work
experience in quality or manufacturing
* Minimum 3 years of experience in business-to-business outside
sales, preferably selling technology and software into the
* Completion of formal sales training program(s) or course(s)
* Understanding of manufacturing processes including metal forming,
assembly, plastic injection molding and composites
* Ability to read engineering drawings and have a basic
understanding of GD&T
* Basic knowledge of CAD systems
* Affinity toward technology and ability to quickly understand and
embrace advanced technologies
* Proven ability to achieve sales goals in selling capital
equipment in the industrial environment
* Proficiency with Salesforce or similar CRM sales software
* Strong interpersonal relations skills and comfort demonstrating
technology to an audience
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE @ FARO:
* Generate sales revenues by performing product demonstrations at
selected customer sites or utilizing web based demo capabilities.
Evaluate customer requirements for this purpose; including
installation location, mounting requirements, customer engineering
drawings, CAD data, GD&T and inspection plans.
* Identify additional sales opportunities outside of traditional
* Utilize all available resources including sales management,
Inside Sales, Field Applications Engineers, marketing and others to
advance and close sales.
* Work as part of the sales team to generate ideas for company
sales opportunities, processes and systems.
* Provide feedback to FARO R&D for product improvement.
* Act as point of contact and provide technical support to
potential customers during the evaluation period.
OTHER DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required
or directed, to maintain work-flow and meet production schedules
* Maintain safe work area and comply with safety procedures and
equipment operating rules.
* Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force
groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain
approvals, resolve problems and maintain specified level of
knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and
* Recommend revisions to control documentation such as sales
checklists, sales operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and
distribute authorized modifications as directed.
* Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Perform
other related duties as assigned.
* Occasional lifting of very light and lightweight materials,
lifting of average or heavy weight materials over 60 lbs,
occasional bending, stooping and upper body & arm rotation,
frequent pushing, pulling, sitting, standing and reaching and some
climbing. Ability to travel up to 50-75% by car, air, or train.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED:
* Various mathematical, graphic, design and database software
programs, computer and peripherals, mechanical and computerized
measuring devices, and standard office equipment.
* Speak and prepare oral and written communication clearly and
effectively, fostering open communication, listen to others, and
* Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self
through learning and feedback.
* Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
* Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and
* This position requires 50-75% travel.
WHAT FARO CAN OFFER YOU:
FARO has EXCELLENT BENEFITS for you and your family. We not only
care for our employees but also to their immediate family members.
We believe in a balanced work-life and have developed programs and
benefits plans to support that ethic, such as:
* A competitive paid time off bank and paid holidays
* Medical, dental, life and AD&D insurance plans
* Pre-tax flex spending accounts for medical and dependent care
* 401K with employer match
* Tuition reimbursement and training opportunities
* Wellness fairs
* Frequent lunch and learns to help educate employees about various
issues affecting their lives
* Other employee events
With more than 26,000 installations and 13,000 customers globally,
FARO develops and markets computer-aided coordinate measurement and
imaging devices and software. Portable equipment from FARO permits
high-precision 3D measurement, imaging and comparison of parts and
compound structures within production and quality assurance
processes. The devices are used for inspecting components and
assemblies, production planning, 3D documentation, as well as for
investigation and reconstruction of accident sites or crime scenes.
They are also employed to generate digital scans of historic
Principal products include the world s best-selling portable
measurement arm the FaroArm ; the FARO Laser Tracker ION; the FARO
Laser ScanArm ; FARO Laser Scanner; the FARO Gage; and, the CAM2
family of advanced CAD-based measurement and reporting software.
FARO Technologies is ISO-9001 certified and ISO-17025 laboratory
If you have a winning history of corporate experience and a passion
for high-end technical products, please apply today. As an employee
of FARO, you will become part of a dynamic organization which
values quality, leadership, teamwork, honesty and openness as a way
of life in conducting our business.
FARO Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free
Workplace with Pre-Employment Drug Screening. EEO/AA/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Faro Technologies, Greensboro , Account Manager, Executive , Greensboro, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!